|Location||Western Highlands, Scotland, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||21st April 2021|
In the field
Work with young people and contribute to sustainable projects as a Project Manager on Raleigh International’s first UK volunteer programme – Re:Green. This is an opportunity to get out and take urgent action to drive green recovery and address the climate emergency, whilst facilitating young people on 3 or 5 week placements in the Western Highlands of Scotland.
Are you keen to get involved in meaningful projects that create lasting change or looking for an exciting experience without travelling abroad this year? Join our Re:Green programme helping to protect Scotland's rainforests and building essential skills in young people to drive green action. You don't need prior project management experience for this role, we are looking for proactive people who are enthusiastic about working with young people and taking on a challenge.
Raleigh International is a youth-driven organisation supporting a global movement of people to take action. Our projects on Re:Green will engage young people to create long lasting change through conservation projects, as well as campaigning and social action training. We need volunteer managers aged over 25 to safely and effectively run our programmes, where you too will be helping combat climate change and develop your own leadership, teamwork and social action skills.
What will I do?
- Facilitate, lead and inspire a diverse group of young UK-based volunteers to complete impactful conservation projects whilst developing their skills.
- You will be based on our remote environmental projects in the Western Highlands of Scotland, in between leading sessions at our remote field base.
- Work in a team alongside and with the support of another Project Manager.
- Be an effective mentor to each young volunteer, motivating them to grow as leaders and collaborate with their team.
- Gain key insight into the behind-the-scenes running of sustainable development programmes and all the practical challenges they encompass.
When can I go?
We are recruiting this role for our programmes beginning in July, August, September and October 2021, on the dates below:
- 11 – 31 Jul (3 weeks)
- 11 Jul – 14 Aug (5 weeks)
- 29 Aug – 18 Sep (3 weeks)
- 29 Aug – 2 Oct (5 weeks)
- 12 Sep – 2 Oct (3 weeks)
- 24 Oct -13 Nov (3 weeks)
- Learn new skills to develop or change your career.
- Build your leadership, mentoring and practical skills as you work on meaningful projects that create positive change for endangered environments and young people.
- Expand your knowledge of sustainable development.
- Experience living in a completely new and exciting environment.
- Leave with friendships made with volunteers and volunteer managers from a diverse range of backgrounds and careers.
This is an unpaid voluntary position, with a required fundraising cost. This contributes to the cost of running our projects worldwide whilst also paying for all expenses for you overseas including:
- All food and accommodation throughout your programme
- All travel during your programme
- Premium tailored health insurance
- Leading safety expertise supported by our British standard 8848 safety accreditation
- All necessary project training by experienced staff
- All project equipment, supplies and tools
This amount will be £1095 for 3 week placements and £1495 for 5 week placements. We encourage all our volunteers to fundraise beforehand and can support you to do so, however you can cover this by any means you prefer.
Please submit your application to us through the online form on our website. Once you apply, we will be in touch about the next stage of the application process before your confirming your Re:Green dates.
If you have any questions about this role please contact us on +44 (0) 207 183 1295.
To find out more about this role and our other adult volunteer roles, visit our website via the link here.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.