|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Oxford, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||20th June 2018|
Title: Course Leader
Reporting to: Ultimate Survival Product Manager
Summary of Position:
The role of Ultimate Survival Course Leader is to oversee the effective running of our Ultimate Survival Courses. Along with your Instructor team, you will deliver outstanding theatre based, structured outdoor education activities and workshops to groups of children on our Ultimate Survival Courses. You will be expected to guide groups of children aged between 7 and 14 years through week-long courses, with the emphasis being on fun, excitement, teamwork and skill building. Having overall responsibility for the course you will ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to, and be the main point of contact for children, parents and head office.
Some roles include accommodation (camping) either on or near the venue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly manage a team of staff selected for you, ensuring the quality and standard of activities expected at Ultimate Survival
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to on camp, and implement new procedures to ensure the camp is a safe environment for staff and children
- Monitor staff and support staff development
- Lead Camp Induction Day for your staff prior to camp opening
- Liaising with Ultimate Survival Product Manager with updates and queries
- Liaising with other Course managers on site
- Point of contact for parents on camp, in person and on the phone, including feeding back any issues arising on camp
- Deliver activities for children aged 7-14, focusing on participation, theatre, development, safety and enjoyment
- Encourage participation through enthusiasm and energy in theatre based scenarios.
- Point of contact with the Host School, meeting with their representatives to ensure the smooth running of camp
- Manage all administrative duties on camp, including Sign-in and out procedures, registration, staff rotas etc.
- Manage challenges that come with running an outdoor programme for children
- Manage the weekly Camp Out
- Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance etc.)
Strong leader management skills, with willingness to lead by example
Have a breadth and depth of knowledge within the field of outdoor education and outdoor recreation
Excellent communicator, with confident face-to-face customer service skills
Good working knowledge of wilderness survival activities, able to support other staff in delivering structured activities and workshops.
Pro-active and conscientious, able to adapt to situations when required
Enjoy a varied and challenging programme
Individuals looking for a varied and challenging fun seasonal role as well as the opportunity to further their career in the Outdoor Education, Adventure, Childcare and Coaching industry
Enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic individual that is passionate about working with, and developing children through adventurous activities
Current outdoor or paediatric first aid qualification
Recent DBS (CRB) disclosure
Salary: £399 - £500 per week including accommodation (Dependant on qualifications and experience)
Hours: 0800 - 1800 Monday to Friday (and being on duty, on site, for one night a week during Camp Out)
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to James Lewis, Outdoor Education and Logistics Coordinator via [email protected]
Alternatively, please click APPLY or follow the https to apply: ultimateactivity.co.uk/work-for-us/Job-Roles/ultimate-survival-3
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.