|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Oxford, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||20th June 2018|
Title: Ultimate Survival Instructor
Reporting to: Course Leader
Summary of Position:
The role of Ultimate Survival Instructor is to deliver outstanding, structured outdoor education activities and workshops to groups of children on our Ultimate Survival Courses. You will be expected to guide groups of children aged between 7 and 14 years through week-long courses, with the emphasis being on fun, excitement, team and skill development
Roles include accommodation (camping) either on or near the venue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 7-14, focusing on participation, development, safety and enjoyment.
- Encourage participation through enthusiasm and energy in scenarios and role play.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on the courses are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Help to set up The Ultimate Survival Camp by attending a Camp Induction Day and pack down the site at the end of the season.
- Take a pastoral role as a group leader, supporting and caring for children throughout the week and during the weekly camp-out.
- Supervision of children outside of activity times.
- Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance etc.)
Experience in delivering a range of outdoor opportunities/ activities for young people
Effective team leadership skills in an outdoor setting
Excellent communication skills and verbal reasoning
Enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic individual who is passionate about working with, and developing children through adventurous activities.
Degree or equivalent
Experience of environmental/ nature connection/ outdoor education work
Experience in working with children and young people with challenging behaviour
Enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic individual that is passionate about working with, and developing children through adventurous activities.
Hold, or working towards, relevant NGBs: Canoeing, Archery, Bush craft, Mountaineering
Bush craft and environmental studies
Current outdoor or paediatric first aid qualification
Recent DBS (CRB) disclosure
Good organisational and communication skills, able to work as an effective team member
Flexible with a dynamic approach to problem solving
Individuals looking for a varied and challenging fun seasonal role as well as the opportunity to further their career in the Outdoor Education, Adventure, Childcare and Coaching industry.
Have excellent organisational and leadership skills
Have or working towards NGB qualifications in adventurous activities
Previous experience working in a camp setting
Salary: £297.95 - £445 per week including accommodation (Dependant on experience and qualifications).
Hours: 0800 - 1800 Monday - Friday (and being on duty for one night a week during Camp Out).
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to James Lewis, Outdoor Education and Logistics Coordinator via [email protected]
Alternatively, please click APPLY or follow the https to apply: ultimateactivity.co.uk/work-for-us/Job-Roles/ultimate-survival-3
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.