|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Amalfi Coast, Italy|
|Date Posted||13th December 2017|
Exodus Travels are looking to hire experienced tour leaders to work solely around the Amalfi Coast and Naples. This is an exciting role working with one of the most reputable Adventure Travel Companies in the world. This position would suit:
- Experienced non-Italian tour leaders, preferably living in Italy and willing to be regularly based in Amalfi.
- Experienced tour leaders residing in the EU and who are willing to be regularly based in Amalfi.
- Italian citizen tour leaders living in Italy and preferably the Amalfi area or willing to be regularly based there.
- Local Italian guides who understand the requirements of being a leader responsible for week long tours.
- All tours run from the Due Torri Hotel, Agerola, Bomerano in the Amalfi Coast region.
- You will have full responsibility for tour groups of up to 16 guests.
- This includes arranging tour logistics, leading walks, briefing groups, following all safety procedures and ensuring our guests have the best holiday possible.
- The main itinerary is a walking holiday, with 5 walks per week of a moderate grade. (Please check our website for the tour code TDA – Walking in Amalfi for all details)
- Leaders must be specialists in all things Italian including fluency in the language, (native or second language) excellent cultural knowledge and be a competent walking leader.
- Trips operate from February to November with the main season being April to October.
- Working periods would normally be 2 - 4 weeks back to back.
- Leaders must be self-employed and be able to accept that work is dependent on tour departures being guaranteed. As Amalfi is our most popular tour most if not all departures end up being guaranteed.
- You will be working very closely with our local hotel owner, the transport company and with other leaders.
- Accommodation and the majority of meals are included during the season.
Leadership and group management experience
- Strong English language skills (verbal and written)
- Great communication abilities with people from different backgrounds and nationalities
- Excellent organisational and logistical skills
- Computing skills for producing daily notices and other materials
- Ability to handle and account for money
As a tour leader you are responsible for the clients throughout each trip and therefore would be expected to work unsociable hours. With this in mind, EU working hours would not apply.
Application and selection:
- Please do not enquire by telephone for this position.
- In the first instance please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
- It is important to explain in your covering letter why you feel you are the best candidate for the role.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 19th of January 2018.
- You will need to be available for a SKYPE interview throughout January
- If you are successful at the interview you will be invited to attend selection training in Amalfi which is likely to run at the beginning of February. This training could be for 3 – 4 days and all your transport, accommodation and meals will be provided by Exodus Travels.
- On successful completion of the selection training you will be offered a contract for 2018.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.