|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Balham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||8th November 2018|
Tour Leader Vacancies
Seasonal Contract for the Amalfi Coast 2019
We are looking to hire enthusiastic and experienced tour leaders to work solely around the Amalfi Coast on our popular tours - Walking the Amalfi Coast, Highlights of the Amalfi Coast and Amalfi Coast: Pompeii and Pizza.
This exciting role, working with one of the most reputable Adventure Travel Companies in the world, would suit:
• Experienced non-Italian tour leaders living in Italy, preferably the Amalfi area
• Italian tour leaders living in Italy, preferably the Amalfi area
• Local Italian guides who understand the requirements of being a leader responsible for week-long tours
• All tours run from the Due Torri Hotel, Bomerano, Agerola.
• Leaders will have full responsibility for tour groups of up to 18 customers.
• Leaders will be responsible for arranging tour logistics, leading daily walks, briefing groups, following safety procedures and ensuring our customers have the best holiday possible.
• Leaders must be specialists in all things Italian with fluency in the language (native or second language) and excellent cultural knowledge. They must also be a competent walking leader if applying to lead Walking the Amalfi Coast tour.
• Trips operate throughout the year, with the busiest season running from April to October, during which leaders typically work 2 - 4 weeks at a time.
• Leaders must be self-employed and be able to accept that work is dependent on tour departures being guaranteed.
• Leaders will be working very closely with our local hotel owner, local transport supplier and with other leaders.
• Accommodation and meals are provided.
• Leaders are often expected to work unsociable hours, so with this in mind, EU working hours would not apply.
• Leaders are required to have a current first aid certificate.
• Leadership skills and proven group management experience
• Excellent organisational and logistical skills
• Fluent Italian language
• Excellent English language skills (both verbal and written)
• Great communication abilities with people from different backgrounds and nationalities
• Good cultural, historical and geographical knowledge of the Amalfi region
• Ability to handle and account for money
• Computing skills for producing daily notices and other materials
Application and selection:
• Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
• It is important to explain in your covering letter why you feel you are the best candidate for the role
• You will need to be available for a SKYPE interview and if you are successful in this, you will be invited to attend selection training in Amalfi which is likely to take place early next year.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.