|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||24th October 2018|
SUP Norway runs minimalist unsupported stand up paddle expeditions in the fjords of Western Norway. We have a reputation for excellence and an international clientele that has included celebrities and world champion athletes. Our brand is small intimate groups, best quality gear and top level guiding/leadership in the most majestic fjords in the world. Focus is on being present in nature rather than endurance paddling.
We are expanding our operation to new areas and require an experienced and talented expedition leader/host to head the expeditions in our existing area of operations in the UNESCO protected Nærøyfjord/Aurlandsfjord branches of Sognefjord in the West of Norway.
This is an incredibly rewarding and exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
You are experienced and confident in leading paddling groups in the wild and are uncompromising in your professionalism and safety routines. Your paddling endurance and strength are excellent and you are capable of towing a casualty for several km.
Your crisis management skills are proven and you are able to anticipate, identify and mitigate risk for a group on open water.
You have good camp craft and you
can light fires with your laser-vision enjoy imparting your skills to others.
You have an inspirational personality and conduct yourself to the highest standards.
You are empathic and have an understanding of group dynamics.
- Position is from mid May to 31 Aug 2019.
- 2 tours in May as assistant guide under training from chief guide (paid).
- 5 & 2 day tours with 1½-2 rest days (paid) between + 1 week free in July (paid).
- Accommodation (shared) and all food provided.
- You will have an assistant guide and a max group size of 12 guests.
- You will be responsible for logistics and all aspects of each expedition.
- You will be required to organise and prepare some meals for each group.
- Excellent Stand up paddle and leadership skills.
- Preference given to those with SUP, Kayak or relevant qualifications.
- First Aid: Preferably Remote or Wilderness First Aid or higher.
- Strong swimmer
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to use initiative.
- Good PC & media skills: images, video & social media
- Driving licence
- English fluent spoken & written – (Norwegian/Swedish advantageous)
3 month contract. Paid per month. (Generous)
How to apply:
Please send application (We prefer video) with details of your relevant experience together with your résumé here before 14 Dec.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.