|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Balham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||5th June 2018|
The role encompasses the development and support of new and existing Drupal systems and applications. The role form part of a team responsible for the agile development of modular, open-source and communal software components as part of an international team of software developers.
Key team responsibilities include
• Design, development, and architectural contributions towards web platforms
• End-to-end delivery of strategic and tactical projects, ranging from full site builds to smaller enhancements driven by day-to-day business needs
• Maintenance of existing web applications
• Collaboration with business stakeholders to propose feature development and technical best practices and to generate product roadmaps
• Periodic security and process reviews to ensure the security of our applications and data
The role is based in our Balham office, or can be done remotely with daily stand-up calls and occasional in-person meetings.
• Take part in delivery of new projects throughout the development lifecycle - plan, design, build, test, and deploy.
• Contributing towards the platform strategy and roadmap
• Keep abreast of industry trends and best practise, introducing improved techniques and technologies where appropriate.
• Self-led – prioritise project and ‘business as usual’ work against business priorities, both at brand and Travelopia level
• Take part in the peer review process
• Participate in stand-up sessions between developers, project management and key stakeholders as required.
• Adhere to (and help guide) team best practices and coding standards via peer review and design sessions.
• Work with the operations team on the deployment and performance monitoring of live applications
Requirements & Qualifications
• 2+ years of commercial development experience in a team environment
• Expert knowledge of Drupal 7 or similar framework (Symfony, Laravel, Zend)
• Excellent PHP skills, preferably with a strong understanding of OOP
• Experience with version control (Github)
• Knowledge and experience building responsive websites (HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, JS, jQuery, Bootstrap)
• Experience integrating multiple systems via web APIs
‘Nice to have’ Skills
• Experience with and knowledge of issues surrounding analysis, tuning, scalability, high availability and concurrency of the Drupal platform and LAMP/LEMP hosting infrastructure
• Linux system administration
• Drupal 8
• Confident working in a team environment, taking a lead as needed
• Strong technical analysis and problem-solving skills
• The ability to think strategically and act tactically
• Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• The ability to prioritise and execute tasks and make sound decisions in pressing situations
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Reports to Lead Developer and to Digital Director
• A core member of the web development team
• Work alongside operational and security teams
• Liaise with internal clients at all levels of the business
• Liaise with 3rd party vendors and stakeholders, ensuring Travelopia development standards and technologies are adhered to
Working with us
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing, adventures, safaris, sports tours, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
The range of source markets and destinations covered by Travelopia brands spans all seven continents. This breadth means we can be at the forefront of emerging travel trends, and allows us to easily spot opportunities for exciting and innovative new product. Travelopia caters to all sorts of travellers, whether they’re looking for an expertly led group tour or a tailor-made adventure. The majority of the portfolio is positioned towards the higher end of the experiential offering, Travelopia also has a number of brands offering more affordable price points for those on a tighter budget.
The brands in our portfolio specialise in a certain type of travel or tap into particular passions. Each one started life as a small, independent business, before forming Specialist Group, part of TUI Group, the world’s largest leisure travel company. In May 2016 TUI announced the rebranding of Specialist Group to Travelopia.
Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, ski holidays and more.
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
• Competitive salary
• Various employee discounts and offers
• Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Career progression opportunities
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR ALL BENEFITS, DETAILS WERE ACCURATE AS AT THE DATE OF PUBLICATION. ANY CHANGES WILL BE NOTIFIED TO YOU UPON YOUR START WITH THE COMPANY.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.