|at ( view profile)|
|Location||AMBLESIDE, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||5th January 2018|
In the office
Sales & Marketing
Do you have a passion for travel, mountains and adventure? Do you have a natural flair for writing? Adventure Peaks (adventurepeaks.com) is one of the UK’s leading Mountain Expedition & Trekking Companies based in the Lake District. We operate on all Seven continents and we are looking for a gifted writer who can create well-crafted, optimised content for web pages, blogs, social media, e-newsletters and any other content requirements to push us forward!
The role will be based in the Lake District at our office in Ambleside, Cumbria
- • Take responsibility for Adventure Peaks Social Media and Marketing
- • Management of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
- • Creating online content to promote Adventure Peaks Expedition and Treks
- • Inspire our members through high quality editorial.
- • Research and write articles for Adventure Peaks blog and news
- • Take responsibility for weekly newsletters, social media campaigns, and special merchandising projects
- • Develop and deliver Marketing strategies
- • Email marketing campaigns including monitoring and evaluating performance
- • to brochures, hand-outs, direct mail leaflets etc.
- • Convert basic written materials from expedition leaders and other contributors into quality reading
- • Assist or write Retail equipment reviews
- • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- • Ability to write good copy
- • Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- • Attention to detail
- • Good personal organisation
- • Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team
- • Creative and innovative with the talent to solve problems
- • Have a positive can-do attitude
- • Previous experience of working within a marketing environment would be desirable
- • Knowledge or experience of social media and email marketing
- • Knowledge of the world travel market and broad personal travel experience
- • Experience of living / working / holidaying in the mountains
- • An interest in mountaineering, climbing or trekking is essential
The position can be full time (40 hrs) or part time with a minimum of 16 hrs
- • Salary dependent upon experience
- • NEST Pension Scheme
- • Travel discounts
- • Equipment discounts
HOW TO APPLY:
Email: to: [email protected]
- • your CV
- • a covering letter explaining what you have to offer Adventure Peaks and why you think you are suitable for the job Please include your qualifications, experience, salary expectations and when you would be available to start.
The closing date for applications will be 23rd January 2018.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.