|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Noting Hill, London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||10th May 2018|
In the office
Brown + Hudson
In everything we do we challenge the status quo and think differently.
We do this by focusing first and foremost on our clients, then by applying creativity, conducting fresh, original destination research and taking a long-term strategic view.
The result of our work is uniquely relevant and utterly memorable luxury travel experiences that become family legacies.
Ever had the nagging feeling that luxury, experiential or adventure travel could be so much more and so much better than it is? Ever had ideas that could help people travel better and get more from their travels? Then you may be speaking our language - few people do.
Perhaps you already work in travel and have become disillusioned by the reality of your role. Maybe you want to be empowered to do ultra creative work for clients with significant budgets. Or you might want to be free to grow your business, get involved in marketing and business partnerships too.
If you know your stuff, if know the Americas and our company's raison d'etre - our WHY, HOW and WHAT - resonate with you then you could be a great fit.
This is the nitty-gritty...
Senior Trip Planner - Americas
This specific role requires:
- 2 – 5 years of experience in the luxury or expeditionary travel industry
- Curiosity and a passion for original research
- Creative, unconventional and conceptual thinker and problem-solver
- Entrepreneurial drive
- A positive attitude, enthusiasm and sense of humour
- Obsessive attention to detail and big-picture thinking
- Someone who is hard-working, who seeks excellence and continuous improvement
- Experience of dealing with high and ultra-high net-worth individuals
- Flexible to travel in UK and overseas to meet clients or attend events - often outside normal office hours
- Excellent written English. An ability to take facts and weave them into an engaging story
- Computer skills, Word, Excel, Adobe InDesign… and should know when to outsource skills
- Passion for and a willingness to travel
Senior Trip Planner - Americas
The position reports to the Managing Director.
The purpose of this role is to manage a team of trip planners and to create thoroughly researched, considered and incomparably original travel experiences and media stories for the company’s clients and media contacts.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
- Manage a team of trip planners to apply company processes and exceed business targets.
- Develop New Business Partnerships to your region to grow your business unit and role.
- Create incomparably original, creative and considered travel experience to meet the client’s brief and the company’s brand values.
- Promote your region via the company’s marketing channels and to existing clients.
You will be responsible for two to three direct reports and specifically:
- Their professional development
- Ensuring that trip planning team adhere to Brown + Hudson processes
- Showing leadership in creativity and inspiration for client projects, marketing ideas and materials
- Ensuring profitability through accurate costing, time and resource management
- Be accountable for how team trip planning time is spent
- Post trip follow-up and analysis
- Showing initiative in processes to constantly improve trip planning function
- Standards of written communications, presentations, written third party briefings
- Demonstrating leadership in business development
- Ensuring WIP reports and database notes are accurate and up to date
- Monitoring of professional standards (personal organization, punctuality etc.)
Whilst your area of focus will be the Americas you may be called upon to apply our trip planning process to other regions. The trip planning role specifically entails:
- Receiving clients’ brief and interviewing them to establish their precise requirements
- Conducting extensive published or online research required to develop ideas for client trip concepts
- Briefing local partners to develop itineraries that meet our clients’ brief
- Briefing internal or external writers to write a travel concept or itinerary for a client or media enquiry
- Analyzing & refining local partner proposals and quotations and pricing Brown + Hudson experiences
- Communicating with clients by phone or email
- Developing a project-specific risk assessment
- On occasions meeting with clients personally to receive briefs or present itineraries
- When clients are travelling - be available as a weekend or out of office hours contact
- On occasions, writing finished itineraries and designing bespoke client documents to a high standard
- Liaising with local partners and clients to refine itineraries or address cost issues
- Trip management and guide liaison whilst clients are on trip
- For “guided experiences”: writing Brown + Hudson guide materials (route manual and trip overview)
- Briefing local partners and Brown + Hudson guides prior to each trip
- New business development with corporate clients or brand partnerships
You will be expected to be sufficiently flexible to assist with client management and trip planning on projects in other regions.
Product Management & Marketing
- be responsible for building Brown + Hudson’s knowledge base (photography, destination intelligence, country overviews etc.) and managing local partner relationships in your area of regional expertise.
- liaise with our local partners, regional tourism boards to create travel concepts and content that our marketing department could promote through our PR agency, the press, our website, affiliates, directly to clients via email marketing.
- generate destination content that could be used to update our website and promote your region
- liaise with Tourism Boards to elicit financial support for specific marketing initiatives and events.
- be responsible for monitoring competitive activity in your area of regional responsibility.
- represent Brown + Hudson at industry events and trade shows in the UK or overseas
- attend marketing events we might participate in (P.A events, Henley, Goodwood etc.)
New Business Development
- Each Trip Planner should think of their region as their own business unit. With an entrepreneurial and marketing mindset you should:
- Proactively develop new business opportunities with corporate clients or appropriate brands for partnership through personal initiative, networking attending events etc.
- With support from other members of the team initiate contact and pursue the new business relationship until conversion
- Achieve predetermined new business targets
We anticipate the time split to be 80% Trip Planning and 20% New Business Development.
General Destination Research
Occasionally opportunities may arise to research new regions to deepen Brown + Hudson’s knowledge there. You would be expected to travel there to conduct the in-country research personally.
General Management Support
Brown + Hudson is a rapidly growing business and we fully expect to involve you in areas of the business that do not relate directly to Trip Planning.
Job Title: Senior Trip Planner
Organisation: Reporting to Managing Director
Direct Reports: 2 x Trip Planners
Salary & bonuses: From £28,000 (£38,000 OTE uncapped) subject to experience
Additional Benefits: These will be shared at interview
Contract: Full time
Holiday: 20 days paid holiday per annum + the usual public holidays in England (estimated total of 28 days).
Location: The position is based at Brown + Hudson, Suite 7A, 160 Barlby Road, London W10 6BS U.K From time to time the role will require international travel for attendance at travel trade shows, to meet with foreign partners or for research and guiding purposes.
Working hours: 09h00 to 17h00 – Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch
Notice: One month notice period
Include the word BANANA in the subject line of your email.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.