|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Balham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||17th May 2018|
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, sports tours, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
The UK Adventure division constitutes the Exodus Travels, Trek America, Grand American Adventures & Headwater brands, and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
It’s an exciting time to join as there are big growth opportunities across the brands, and big growth opportunities in marketing. There are new marketing channels to open up, incredible adventure images and video to be utilised, astonishing levels of customer satisfaction & heaps of passion for the brand. It all makes the marketing department a great place to work.
The marketing department covers Ecommerce, Marketing, Creative & Analytics and is devoted to creating exceptional experiences for our customers through great content, amazing user journeys and impactful multichannel marketing activity. Customer insight and performance results drive our thinking, ensuring everything we do is engaging & effective, timely & targeted and most of all customer led.
This role leads the Creative team, reports the Marketing Director and is responsible for creative, content & production across all territories and all brands.
What you’ll do?
• Lead, performance manage and set objectives for the internal creative team of 5 (1 graphic designer, 1 copy writer, 1 creative assistant, 1 videographer, 1 publications manager).
• Support your team to deliver exceptional creative for the marketing department, with versions covering website, marketing channels & trade for 4 brands, with support from external agencies who deliver brochure and broadcast creative.
• Take responsibility for quality of creative work, making sure there is consistency across touchpoints
• Be responsible for design, production & delivery of brochure (with support from agency & input from marketing), including the brand magazine.
• Produce the Brand handbook, defining brand purpose, Tone-of-voice, Look-and-feel and master assets
• Own and enhance the brands iconic and unique images & video across all brands, creating a rich digital asset management system, with full rights management.
• Personally contribute copy and design during periods where workload rises
• Lead the team, provide direction, develop & motivate individuals, and managing priorities, delivering on time, on budget.
• Ensure wider business is supported with consistent branded documentation, customer communications, and stationery.
• Essential skills
• Excellent copywriting skills for online and offline channels, with creative flair coupled with impeccable grammar, research and accuracy.
• Graphic design for web. digital and physical marketing, with masterful grasp of aesthetic, typography, color, layout, form & photography. Expert user of software such Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Quark, as well as being at ease working with HTML and CSS.
• Experienced people manager, with ability to feedback clearly & constructively, develop individuals and give teams direction.
• Brochure design & production
• Creative delivery and requisite project management skills
• Desirable Skills
• Can do attitude, positive energy & exceptional collaborator
• Experience with video production
• 2:1 Degree
• Inspire radical ideas, fostering a creative & innovative environment that always considers things from the customers perspective
• Always looking to adopt the latest digital advertising formats and consumption habits, A firm understanding of social media format’, variants and best practice.
• Naturally sees things from customer point-of-view, with passion for great customer experiences and the Exodus values.
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
• Competitive salary
• Various employee discounts and offers
• Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV:
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.