|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Balham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||17th May 2018|
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, sports tours, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
The UK Adventure division constitutes the Exodus Travels, Trek America, Grand American Adventures & Headwater brands, and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
It’s an exciting time to join as there are big growth opportunities across the brands, and big growth opportunities in marketing. There are new marketing channels to open up, incredible adventure images and video to be utilised, astonishing levels of customer satisfaction & heaps of passion for the brand. It all makes the marketing department a great place to work.
The marketing department covers Ecommerce, Marketing, Creative & Analytics and is devoted to creating exceptional experiences for our customers through great content, amazing user journeys and impactful multichannel marketing activity. Customer insight and performance results drive our thinking, ensuring everything we do is engaging & effective, timely & targeted and most of all customer led.
This role leads the Marketing Data & Analysis team, reports the Marketing Director and is responsible for marketing analysis, reporting and database management across all territories and all brands.
What you’ll do?
- Lead and line manage the Marketing Data & Analysis team of 2 (1 database manager & analysis exec)
- Personally deliver performance analysis to champion marketing payback & growth strategies:
o Create daily & weekly reporting for bookings, telequotes, web quotes, calls & traffic by territory, brand and for all marketing channels and holiday types. You’ll need to be an expert on marketing attribution and pulling out key insights and actions.
o Monthly payback reports, adding cost to the above for each marketing channel, providing both detailed breakdown as well dashboard summery, highlighting key insights
o Track marketing budgets o Build forward forecasts by marketing channel
- Lead the team to deliver: o Marketing Analysis
- Customer & Marketing Analysis/profiling (e.g. buyer behaviour, marketing channel deep dive, retention rates by cohort)
- Basic segmentation & Loyalty tiers
- Email & brochure customer send selections
- Propensity modelling/predictive analysis & holdback analysis & A/B tests
- Competitor intelligence & brand tracking o Database management & compliance:
- Single customer view quality control
- Marketing permissions management
- GDPR compliance & Subject Access Requests
- Strategies to maximise addressable base (GDPR current & consent/prefs)
- Essential skills
- Previous experience in similar role
- At least 5 years + experience with database software, SQL and be a power user of excel
- 5 years+ experience building marketing attribution models across online and offline activity, with natural desire to produce the most accurate view possible
- Demonstrable building successful direct marketing strategies and delivering plans across retention and acquisition
- Experienced people manager, with ability to feedback clearly & constructively, develop individuals and give teams direction.
- Insight & action base analyst familiar with interrogating databases to analyse customer and marketing behaviour
- Desirable Skills/qualifications
- Experience with Suite CRM and database management
- Experience with web tools such as Omniture & Google Analytics
- Familiar with GDPR and data protection regulation.
- Familiar with using propensity scores & models
- Experience with creating basic recency & frequency segmentation
- A positive, proactive, can-do individual who brings energy to the team and very strong collaborator
- Obsessed about applying customer insight and performance results.
- Natural appetite for working at pace, delivery timely insights and recommendations
Responsibilities & Key competencies provide a guide key tasks, but may evolve with requirements Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company. How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV:
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.