|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Balham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||17th May 2018|
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, sports tours, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
The UK Adventure division constitutes the Exodus Travels, Trek America, Grand American Adventures & Headwater brands, and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
It’s an exciting time to join as there are big growth opportunities across the brands, and big growth opportunities in marketing. There are new marketing channels to open up, incredible adventure images and video to be utilised, astonishing levels of customer satisfaction & heaps of passion for the brand. It all makes the marketing department a great place to work.
The marketing department covers Ecommerce, Marketing, Creative & Analytics and is devoted to creating exceptional experiences for our customers through great content, amazing user journeys and impactful multichannel marketing activity. Customer insight and performance results drive our thinking, ensuring everything we do is engaging & effective, timely & targeted and most of all customer led.
This role sits within the Ecommerce team, reports to the Head of Ecommerce and is responsible for coordinating & managing agency SEO, PPC & Affiliate activity across all territories and brands.
What you’ll do?
- Build strategies and plans for PPC to drive business growth and maximise payback:
o Commercial plans across formats and categories, setting commercial rules to define bid strategy.
o Creating automated tracking that provides ROI to assist in bid strategy
o Introduce the latest in paid search tactics
o Relentlessly flex budget ensuring that investment and bids are constantly optimised to maximise return
- Drive SEO ranking:
o Site content & technical audits
o Site text/meta data recommendations, personally making updates where required
o Optimise Google Analytics tags, sitemaps & Google bot optimisations (e.g. indexing),
o Optimising for mobile, especially load speed
o Deploy outreach and back link strategy,
o Visibility reporting/tracking
- Build affiliates strategy and commercial plans:
o Negotiating the best terms with our partners through our affiliate network
o Providing content for editorial publishers within the network
- Essential skills
- 3 years+ experience in similar role building a deploying strategies and plans for SEO, PPC & Affiliates, including close management of external agencies
- Demonstrable analytical experience, using Google Analytics, Google Data studio, Omniture, Adobe or similar, and experience with attribution modelling and data links
- Expert in AdWords and Bing Ads Expert, and/or DoubleClick with in-depth knowledge of the dynamics of Paid Search auctions
- A digital expert, excited about constantly testing new formats and learning from results
- Track record of improving performance through iterative testing, preferably in a mobile-first organisation
- Technically minded, with good knowledge of tagging and tracking
- Desirable Skills/qualifications
- Adept at getting the best from digital agencies
- Innovative, ideas generator
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience with attribution modelling, data lakes
- Excellent written / copy writing skills
- A positive, proactive, can-do individual who brings energy to the team and very strong collaborator
- Obsessed about applying customer insight and performance results.
- Natural appetite for working at pace, delivery timely insights and recommendations
- Highly organised with attention to detail
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV:
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.