|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Regional, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||17th April 2018|
In the field
The World Challenge group works in partnership with schools to prepare young people for life.
The programme is based on the belief that key life skills, such as leadership, resilience and empathy, are developed through real life experience and we enable young people to develop these skills through powerful student-led expeditions overseas.
Due to growth in the Scotland area we are currently looking to recruit a SAM with a passion for travel to look after our clients in the West region of Scotland/English Lakes. Therefore being based in SW Scotland or willing to relocate would be an advantage. You must be tenacious, forward-thinking and up for a diverse challenge.
Within the World Challenge brand your role will be to create powerful relationships with our schools to secure the repeated launch of successful expeditions.
Being a School Account Manager (SAM) at World Challenge Expeditions is a hugely rewarding job. As the one-point-of contact for your region, you will be involved in the World Challenge Programme from start through to finish. Whether it’s getting a new school on-board, presenting to parents, inspiring young people or ensuring the school is fully prepped for take-off, we can promise you no day will be the same!
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary Basic Salary + achievable uncapped OTE
- Car Allowance
- Various employee discounts and offer
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
- The opportunity to work within a dynamic, forward thinking travel organisation
We believe support is best delivered to our schools by achieving consistency with one main face to face point of contact. The SAM will fulfil this role, tailoring their approach and support to the bespoke needs of every teacher and client in their portfolio. By delivering some key touch-points in the pre-departure programme, the SAM will also ensure expectations are set and met for the students.
What you will be doing:
- Proactively manage the business portfolio(prospect pool and clients) in the given territory to ensure annual revenue targets are met, ensuring that every sale reaches its full potential by carefully managing each school
- Deliver an agreed target number of new schools, where applicable
- Foster great relationships with all School Leaders in order to ensure they feel fully supported throughout the programme and remain loyal to the organisation
- Establish regular and meaningful contact with Key Decision Makers(KDMs) such as Heads, Governors and Senior Leadership Teams. This may involve formal presentations, meetings, letter and email writing as well as phone conversations
- Proactively analyse individual school needsand respond to their particular requirements
- May need to liaise with local authorities to support official sign off expeditions
- Propose solutions to problems concerning the completion of any new or repeat business
- Work with the customer support and operational teams when requiredto assist in any major issues that may prevent a repeat sale solving problems such as customer requests conflicting with availability, duration, itinerary etc.
- High level persuasion and negotiationare skills needed to ensure all possible sales are closed effectively
- Exercise a high degree of innovationand adapt products where possible and profitable to meet customer needs.
School Account Managers need to be able to confidently deliver presentations to a range of audiences, inspiring confidence in parents and convincing them of the inherent value of their children participating in the expedition programme. SAMs must be able to field difficult questions with excellent communication skills to advance the sales process and deliver the highest levels of Challenger recruitment.
- Run school leader recruitment/information sessions to ensure there is a healthy pipeline of appropriate teachers ready to take on the programme
- Design and support the promotion of the launch of the expedition within the school
- Deliver student presentations to all applicable year groups
- Deliver information evening to all interested students and parents
- To be wholly responsible for the enrolment/registration of the optimum number of challengers for each school and product
SAMs need to be able to excite and engage students throughout the programme, taking responsibility for delivering some key meetings and supporting activity that drives the highest retention of Challengers possible.
- Facilitate the initial launch meeting to students to engage, excite and set every student up for success from the outset of the programme
- Facilitate the itinerary planning session, where applicable
- Facilitate the introduction of the team, teacher and parents to the Expedition Leader before departure, where required
- Conduct an expedition review visit after the expedition to collate feedback and lay the foundation for a repeat booking
- Under the guidance of Line Management, perform tasks that ensure World Challenge compliance with the Travelopia Customer H&S Policy
What we are looking for
- Sales and presentation experienceis desirable
- Travel experienceoutside of Europe is highly desirable
- SAMs must demonstrate genuine commitmentto delivering excellent and personal service to the schools in their portfolios, building relationships that generate loyalty to the organisation and identify/anticipate when the business relationship is weakening or may be under threat.
- Travel up to 30,000 miles per year will take up a large part of each week. Therefore, flexible working outside of normal office hourswill include some anti-social hours during core selling season in order to fulfil requirement to deliver student and parent presentations at schools, and to attend some weekend conferences.
- Be confident to present to a range of stakeholders– teachers, senior leadership teams, parents, students
- A good level user of Microsoft Office applications (esp. Word, PowerPoint) and happy with mobile technology & willing to embrace social media channels (esp. twitter, FB, Insta)
- Required to take part in the Operational Duty rota – TOIL (time off in lieu) will be offered
- The role meets the requirements in respect of exceptions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All candidates will be asked to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Criminal Records Bureau before the appointment is confirmed.
This job will require a large amount of travel and any prospective candidates must hold a full UK driving licence. Your region will take in West/South and North Scotland, with the addition of the Cumbria and The Lake District.
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
If successful, you must be available for interview either 9th or 10th of May 2018 in Glasgow although we can be flexible on timings.
Closing date for the first round of applications is 06/05/18 but earlier applications are encouraged
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.