|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Southwark, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||20th December 2018|
Sales & Marketing
Our Sales & Business Development Coordinator is all about generating and impressing a steady flow of new participants, Challenge Leaders and groups. They work with the Digital Marketing Coordinator on all sales & marketing channels – from email campaigns, telesales, networking and social media outreach. They have an excellent ability to forecast sales and achieve targets set by the Customer Sales & Experience Manager.
They have outstanding interpersonal skills, and are comfortable with chatting with potential leads over the phone and face-to-face. They are passionate about our challenge events, and motivated to achieve targets to ultimately help us grow year on year within the 18-35 market.
As the leading student challenge events tour operator in the UK, the role allows for tons of opportunity. The basic salary is £21-£25k per annum, dependent on experience. Plus a bonus scheme and opportunity for international travel, pension contribution and rapid development and training opportunities.
Start date: 4th February 2019.
Job type: Full-time.
WHAT DO THEY DO?
- Growing current accounts year on year through successful stewardship, training of reps and developing new innovative ideas to promote events to a wider audience.
- Relationship building - ensuring accounts want to continue partnering with us year on year.
- Manage sales inbox, responding to inquiries promptly and effectively to not lose out on any sale opportunity.
- Manage sales workbook and report on all target progress to Customer Sales & Experience Manager.
- Ability, knowledge and willingness to contact potential clients in creative ways to get their attention and to get an introductory chat or interview in the diary.
- Contacting past participants, and leads we have previously spoken to - developing these relationships for future sales opportunities.
- Sales admin – ensuring that appropriate records are being kept of conversations and partnering discussions. As well as ensuring the relevant forms are completed when confirming an on-boarding of a charity, leader or participant.
- Targeting potential clients: Working closely with the Marketing Coordinator to develop campaigns that will secure high-quality leads for both non-student trips & student group leaders.
- Highly organised and able to follow-up with leads promptly and effectively.
- Responsible for identifying and approaching relevant university bodies (RAGs, SUs etc.) that may help us recruit participants with the aim of securing face to face meeting opportunities and a developed partnership.
- Developing new partnerships on campuses within the Republic of Ireland and other territories as required.
- Building relationships with identified organisations to develop our 18-35 programme.
- Organise info sessions, attend events and other engage in other budgeted promotional activities to generate leads and sales in this new market.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least one years previous professional experience of either B2B or B2C sales
- Good understanding of a diverse range of sales and marketing techniques
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets in business development / new business environment
- Excellent selling skills built on trust and reliability
- Proven understanding of sales metrics and to use them to build and plan for success
- Strong, repeatable and reliable sales methodology to plan and develop sales
- Strong IT literacy, written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Drive, ambition and a desire to hit targets and achieve results
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to work for an award-winning company, which not only provides participants with an life-enriching experience - but also raises huge amounts of money for worthwhile causes at the same time.
- Competitive salaries
- Nationwide and international travel
- Opportunity to participate in our overseas challenge events
- Young and like minded team of colleagues
- Mobile phone subsidy
- A generous holiday allowance
- Access to training and ongoing career development
- Casual dress code
- Great central London office facilities
- Staff social calendar and away days
To apply please complete our Application Form.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.