|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Balham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||17th May 2018|
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, sports tours, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
The UK Adventure division constitutes, amongst others both the Exodus Travels & Headwater brands, and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
It’s an exciting time to join as there are big growth opportunities across the brands, and significant challenges that face us in terms of Product enrichment, development and management, as well as the commercial management of the Exodus and Headwater portfolios.
What you will be doing
To champion Responsible Tourism throughout Exodus focussing on the companies guiding principles of EEE – Education, Empowerment and Environment. To ensure the places and communities we visit are positively impacted by tourism, and to work with our third party networks – agency sales, leaders, suppliers, PR, etc – ensuring maximum exposure and impact. To be an internal and external ambassador on Responsible Tourism for Exodus.
Specific Tasks to Include:
• Work with Product team to ensure RT adds value to current and new products, engaging clients and benefiting the communities and environments we visit
• Set standards for improving RT specific product content; coordinate the production and delivery of all RT literature (including for third parties e.g. responsibletravel.com)
• Provide editorial oversight for all RT related items, and content ideas and direction to enable embedding of RT into on and offline communication
• To own, with Marketing, all relevant RT pages in on and offline company content.
• Generate ideas for campaigns and work with Marketing to deliver – establish Exodus as change makers
• Monitor feedback (including HEF comments, reviews and complaints) and provide direction to product, Operational Quality and suppliers to ensure best practice. To provide input and training to Customer Services on relevant complaints.
• Identify best practice within our leaders and suppliers, acknowledge it and facilitate sharing.
• Provide input to all relevant operator communications, including contracts, minimum standards documentation and Operator Conferences, with regards to RT, their involvement, industry best practice and our objectives.
• Input on how to embed RT into the customer booking journey e.g. FJI’s, Destination Guides, return emails
• To act as the primary point of contact for all RT related queries from clients
Fundraising and Project Governance
• To ensure all Exodus projects, campaigns and initiatives meet our guiding principles on RT
• To research and maintain best practice in managing funds, and ensure appropriate project governance and sustainability
• Lead any RT meetings and chair RT Committee
• Provide RT updates at staff meetings, to overseas offices, and RT inductions to all new starters
• Help oversee RT funds and their allocation
• Engage all staff (including overseas offices) with RT
• Integrate RT into staff travel process
• To represent Exodus at industry events – including, but not limited to slideshows, travel shows and partner events – and when appropriate complete relevant RT award applications and submissions
Key competencies Skills / competencies:
• Ability to prioritise and manage workloads on a day to day basis
• Strong geographical and travel knowledge, a passion for adventure and sustainability
• Higher education in a subject relevant to Responsible Tourism and Sustainability. Well-connected in the field.
• Experience in relevant third sector or NGO organisation, and knowledge of charity governance an advantage
• IT literate (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word), good attention to detail, strong analytical and creative writing skills, and a willingness to learn
Working with us :
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
• Competitive salary
• Various employee discounts and offers
• Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company. How to apply: Please forward a covering letter & CV to: [email protected]
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.