|at ( view profile)|
|Location||50-52 Rivington St, London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||4th December 2017|
In the office
To gain experience in the operation, administration and development of overseas conservation projects, providing assistance to the Research and Operations Managers and supporting the overseas operations team.
GENERAL OUTLINE OF THE ROLE
- Communication with overseas projects, expeditions and country HQs;
- Recruitment, briefing and training of field staff;
- Sourcing, purchasing, and despatching equipment;
- Collating internal reports and reports requested by donor agencies;
- Monitoring and evaluating project activities;
- Researching new country and current project locations;
- Organise data management and data review initiatives;
- Assist with Frontier BTEC course administration;
- Aid the development of research information and resources initiatives.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all communications are recorded effectively;
- Assist with staff recruitment including sending invites to candidates and arranging interview sessions; and organising the information in a relevant way;
- Assist with ensuring staff have provided full information and documentation prior to departure overseas; and entering important information into the staff database, and submitting these to the relevant overseas headquarters;
- Assist in collating requests for equipment from staff and provide feedback;
- Assist with the packing and despatch of equipment to field projects;
- Monitor project activities through reporting systems;
- Updating the recruitment database and staff database;
- Assist in collating, checking, and filing quarterly reports;
- Assist with the preparation and supervision of all proposals that are submitted, working in collaboration with the Programme Managers (London HQ) and Project Co-ordinators, Research Coordinators and Project Managers overseas;
- Assist with monitoring the BTEC Tropical Habitat Conservation assessing final project submissions and discerning the level of competence attained;
- Follow up requests for references and peer reviews;
- Utilisation of data for production of review materials with an aim of producing articles and manuscripts for publication;
- Assist with the research and development of funding opportunities;
- Assist other London HQ staff, as necessary, including presenting at volunteer recruitment sessions and assisting at quarterly Briefing Weekend and Training Weekend;
- Any other tasks as required by the Programme Managers or Managing Director;
- Taking part in presenting school talks, careers fairs and similar events.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Contract Duration: 6 months, minimum of 4 days a week, 10:00 – 17:30 with possibility of extension.
Travel: Travel allowance available.
Non – salaried position. Subsidised 10-week overseas placement on a Frontier research programme (excluding return flights, visas, insurance, and dive- training) on successful completion.
To have more information about the role visit our website:
In order to apply to the role send your cv and cover letter to [email protected], stating your availability and indicating in the subject the role you are applying for.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.