|at ( view profile)|
|Location||North East England, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||8th May 2018|
Sales & Marketing
Standard Office Hours: 0900 – 1730 including 1 hour for lunch.
Other Hours: Regular unsociable hours and evening work for the attendance of meetings, delivery of presentations and key job-related tasks.
Base/Location: Home based, North East England.
Head Office: 8 Chestnut Court, Parc Menai, Bangor, Gwynedd. UK-wide travel as required.
Region: North East England. Flexibility is required with respect to regions covered as the role develops and workload demands are clarified.
Department: Sales & Customer.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Sales Manager.
Driving: A full driving licence is required.
The role requires contact with: All client and prospective contacts. All Outlook staff.
Remuneration: £25,000 salary + £10,000 to £15,000 OTE (see additional bonus) + £4200 car allowance per annum + Company IT & communications equipment.
Additional bonus: £10,000 - £15,000 Performance Related Pay per annum. PRP structure may vary.
Holidays: 4 weeks (20 working days) plus bank holidays. NB. Restrictions on term-time leave may apply.
Additional benefits: 10 days Christmas closedown, Company functions, Learning and development opportunities, Potential opportunities for overseas travel.
As a Regional Manager, you will be responsible for the achievement of a yearly Expedition new business sales target within your region and further afield as required.
Work with the Expedition Management Team to retain customers and create up sale and cross sale opportunities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To take responsibility for achieving an annual expedition sales target and other targets as required. To report regularly to the Sales Manager on key performance indicators and to keep them fully informed of any concerns in conjunction with the allocated target.
- To work effectively with your assigned Regional Sales Executive in targeting, profiling and prospecting for new business leads within your region. To attend, progress and close new business opportunities generated by Lead Generation. To perform your own Lead Generation as and when necessary, as ultimately responsible for your own opportunities and targets.
- To arrange and co-ordinate all tasks and targets allocated, which will include travel to and from meetings, face to face meetings with clients and potential clients, internal staff and participants. To attend all meetings and networking events to actively promote the products and services of the company, as required.
- To deliver assemblies and parents evenings within your region and occasionally outside of region where required.
- To attend all half termly team meetings, to actively and positively contribute to them and to report all essential sales information and key performance indicators via the weekly sales report.
- To assist with the running and management of the operations room and crisis management system during the expedition period, if required. To perform ‘Homecoming’ duties as teams return from expedition. This will involve unsociable hours, evenings and weekends.
- To maintain in detail your opportunities, pipeline and other reports, as instructed by the Sales Manager, using the company’s designated CRM systems in a methodical and timely manner. Ensure the security and confidentiality of company data at all times.
- Word process all correspondence, email, standard letters, notices, reports and papers to a high standard of accuracy and speed. To attend all meetings when requested and to actively participate in them.
- Undertake all other tasks as reasonably required in order to meet the varying demands of the Company.
- To jointly prepare and maintain a Personal Development Plan and attend the planned training that will support future performance, in line with personal and business objectives.
- Respond to all communications within specified timelines. All communication is to be to the highest standards, proof read by colleagues or your line manager where necessary.
- Use the software provided to manage and record processes, tasks and availability, in line with business needs. Accurately record all contact with clients/prospects using the CRM software.
- Stand in for colleagues in the team when necessary. Fully brief colleagues (internal or external) who may be required to carry out tasks on your behalf.
- Pro-actively identify areas for development and improvement and suggest solutions to issues, to help meet business aims.
- Carry out all work in accordance with Outlook Expeditions Company Handbook, policies and procedures, paying particular attention to Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety at Work.
- Undertake other tasks as reasonably required in order to meet the varying demands of Outlook Expeditions.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.