|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Balham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||15th June 2018|
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, sports tours, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
The UK Adventure division constitutes, amongst others both the Exodus Travels & Headwater brands, and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
It’s an exciting time to join as there are big growth opportunities across the brands, and significant challenges that face us in terms of Product enrichment, development and management, as well as the commercial management of the Exodus and Headwater portfolios.
The Product & Commercial department covers partner selection, contracting, negotiation, scheduling, pricing, capacity/revenue management, and sales literature production, we also work closely with others internally to ensure all products are delivered to the highest possible standards with significant focus on health & safety and operational delivery.
What you will be doing
To ensure that the product portfolio continues to deliver sustainable long-term growth. To deliver Product on time, maintaining appropriate availability and that is fit for sale.
Specific Tasks to Include: Trip Management: To manage specific trips within the Africa region (which includes North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa), responsibilities (in association with Senior Product Manager) to include:
• Planning and scheduling of trip operations, and negotiation and contracting of suppliers
• Production of sales literature - Trip Notes, brochures and website, including specific literature for overseas and third parties
• Training of internal departments (sales, customer operations and marketing)
• Monitoring and analysis of competitors for trip costing recommendations (commercial understanding)
• Pro-active communication to marketing and sales for promotion of trips
• To work with ‘Specialist/Group Sales’ in setting up special departures
• Timely delivery of Product to Market in accordance with regional deadlines
• Maintain strict cost control of trip portfolio and ensure commercial gains are made whenever possible
• Pro-active identification and inclusion of Responsible Travel elements of itineraries
Product Development: To follow the brief from Head of product development and/or Senior/Regional Manager to develop existing and new product (itineraries or strands of product) as required. To be pro-active in suggesting developments and improvements.
Brochure Production: Produce completed product (trips) for all brochures and web, in accordance with published deadlines and styles. Ensure attractiveness of relevant sales materials through appropriate image selection and language use.
Aviation: Select airlines and request airline allocations in conjunction with the Senior/Product Manager and internal/sector Aviation resource. Responsibility for seat management and reporting with emphasis on hitting any necessary utilisation targets.
Operational Quality and Duty of Care: Responsibility, in conjunction with Operational Quality (OQ), for all matters of operational quality, safety and duty of care issues within set region.
• Checking and analysis of client Holiday Evaluation Form (HEF) results and leader report forms.
• Writing and updating of Risk Assessments, in conjunction with OQ, for all itineraries within set region.
• Provision of regular feedback to operators/local leaders.
• Decision making, researching and actioning necessary changes driven by feedback.
• Support to Customer Service in dealing with client complaints.
• Monitoring and managing sustainability of products. Championing Responsible Tourism in a set region.
• Ensuring contracting of Operator’s includes assessment of their sustainability credentials and ethos.
Operations: Overall responsibility for planning of trip operation feasibility at time of set up; running of operations in association with appropriate Customer Operations department.
General Departmental responsibilities: Covering absences and helping other team members during busy periods. Additional duties as and when required.
Skills / competencies: • Ability to prioritise and manage workloads on a day to day basis
• Excellent Africa geographical and travel knowledge
• Understanding, and experience in one of Exodus’ core activities (for example: Polar, Winter, Cycling, Wildlife, Walking & Trekking)
• IT literate (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word), good attention to detail, strong analytical and creative writing skills, and a willingness to learn
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
• Competitive salary
• Various employee discounts and offers
• Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV:
OR: [email protected]
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.