|Location||Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||3rd October 2019|
In the field & office
- “Have Fun” working for a leading adventure travel company with big plans
- Own a product area with licence to “Be Adventurous”
- Work with a friendly committed team who “Give a Sh*t”
Macs Adventure is a leading UK travel company providing self-guided walking and cycling holidays for thousands of customers every year in over 35 countries. We have been operating since 2003 and as a fast-growing international business our success is driven by being a great place to work with the right people in the right roles, doing the right thing.
We are currently looking to recruit a Product Manager to take ownership of a product area to ensure maximum tour performance; revenue growth, margin optimisation and improved customer experience.
Reporting to the Product Team Manager, you will work cross-functionally with other departments and partner with a Product Executive to ensure all Macs Adventure tours exceed customer expectations.
This is a full-time position, with occasional weekend work requirements when travelling. Research trips (domestic & international) to take place 4-5 times per year (or less, depending on the year).
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Independent worldwide travel experience and an interest in walking and cycling and in “Staying Active”
- Proven experience of assisting or independently developing successful tours
- Confident, resilient, hard-working, with the ability to write great copy, and good with ‘number crunching’!
- Understanding of market trends and competition with the ability to quickly grasp and understand the Macs Brand, Voice and Vision through quality management and the creation of new tours
LIFE AT MACS
Some of the benefits you can expect when you join MACS:
- An award-winning office in central Glasgow, part of the Skypark complex with access to all its facilities.
- Great discounts on Macs Adventure trips.
- Unlimited fresh coffee, tea, hot chocolate and fruit.
- Opportunity to participate in tax efficient benefits such as a cycle to work scheme.
- Competitive salary plus performance related bonus.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Macs Culture Club and regular social events.
HOW TO APPLY
You should apply for this job if:
- You identify with the Macs Vision and Values
- You love to travel and have experience working in the travel industry (preferably active tours and in product)
- You enjoy working as a team! Working in collaboration with other teams and departments such as sales and Customer Experience, Operations, Finance and Marketing (we like to laugh!)
- You are skilled in working independently and are comfortable making decisions and resolving issues on a daily basis
- You take pride in your work and want to provide the best quality product, making sure that you are constantly striving to keep a personal and honest approach
- You can see yourself living in Glasgow (if you don’t already), voted one of the top cities to live in for millennials in 2019 and with easy access to the countryside!
If this sounds like you, please email [email protected] for a copy of the job profile. Any completed application should be emailed to the above address and you should outline in a covering letter why you feel you are well suited to the role and include a copy of your CV.
Closing date FRIDAY 25 OCTOBER 2019
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.