|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||4th December 2017|
In the office
Sales & Marketing
Role & Responsibilities
This new Sales-focused position is key to the overall success and continued expansion of our Polar Team as we consolidate our reputation as leading experts in Polar travel. We’re specifically looking for a new North America-located member of the team (ideally on MST or PST) who would work remotely and help to service our increasingly important North American customers.
You would join a small, passionate, highly productive team of Polar specialists already operating from both the UK and The Americas.
This exciting role would really suit someone who:
- knows the Polar Regions firsthand
- potentially an ex-expeditionary staff member or field specialist
- is ambitious, self motivated and relishes a challenge
- who either has sales experience or good commercial acumen
- has the soft skills & enthusiasm to bring these regions to life for others
- is committed to the highest levels of customer service
- thrives in a close-knit team environment
As part of a small growing team your primary role will be to help drive our Polar sales to achieve our growth plans. As with other members of the team, you will also be responsible for seeking out new product ideas, helping improve our websites, fostering close working relations with our key partners and supporting the marketing of your destinations.
The job is primarily office-based, however at times this will require flexibility - to meet suppliers, customer meetings, attend industry events and to travel overseas as part of an educational.
Skills/ Experience required
- An infectious passion and enthusiasm for the Polar regions
- First hand experience of The Arctic/ Antarctica (ideally fairly extensive)
- Some prior experience in a customer-facing role would be beneficial
- An ability to inspire and enthuse potential customers
- Self-motivated and ambitious to achieve
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills and adept at prioritising
- Strong can-do attitude and drive to overachieve
- Keenness to be part of a young, dynamic, rapidly expanding team
- A team player with a ‘work hard/ play hard’ mentality
- Impeccable client facing skills, particularly by phone to an international clientele
- A strong commitment to customer service excellence
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- A good listener with well-developed writing skills
- Technically competent - good general computing as well as typing skills
- Degree educated
- This is a home working role, with the flexibility to choose your own workplace. We already have 3 remote workers and have the experience and technology to help bridge gaps in geography
- Office hours are 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday only, however as a small and rapidly growing company there are occasions when work beyond standard office hours is required
How to Apply
If you feel you’ve got the prerequisites, please do get in touch by sending your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter explaining in no more than 300 words what it is about the Polar Regions/ Arctic/ Antarctic (your choice) you find so captivating.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.