|Location||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||18th June 2021|
In the office
Sales & Marketing
Swoop is expanding and we’re looking for a Patagonia Travel Consultant to help drive Patagonia sales by expertly selling trips to, you know it, Patagonia!
On the surface we’re a travel agency specialising in adventurous trips to Antarctica, Patagonia and the Arctic. Dig deeper and you’ll find a global team that is innovative, knowledgeable, values-led and driven to be the unequivocal number one in each of our destinations. We also recognise our duty to help our customers use these extraordinary moments to reflect on the role they can play in protecting the planet.
As Swoop continues its recovery from the pandemic we’re looking to forge an even stronger global team as we support over 2,000 travellers in the season ahead. We strive to be game-changers in the travel industry and to provide our team with work that is challenging, rewarding and in which they can take enormous pride.
Swoop Patagonia aims to help plan and arrange trips for anyone who is going to Patagonia whether they want their hand held from start to finish or they will travel independently and want help finding the right guided trip for them but will arrange flights and hotels themselves. This role will be supporting our more independent customers by listening and matching them with their perfect trips.
Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for a Patagonia travel consultant, with both destination knowledge and awesome sales smarts, to help guide customers through booking their Patagonian adventure.
As part of a small team your primary role will be to help drive our Patagonia sales to achieve the company’s strategic plans. We’re looking for someone with adaptability, commercial nous and perseverance who can thrive in the current market conditions.
Skills/ Experience required
- A real passion and enthusiasm for Patagonia
- First hand experience of travelling to Patagonia (fairly extensive)
- Is ambitious, self motivated and relishes a challenge
- Strong can-do attitude and drive to overachieve
- Has the soft skills and enthusiasm to bring your knowledge to life for others
- Impeccable client facing skills, particularly by phone to an international clientele
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role would be beneficial
- Excellent organisational skills and adept at prioritising
- Keenness to be part of a young, dynamic team
- A team player with a ‘work hard/ play hard’ mentality
- A strong commitment to customer service excellence
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- A good listener with well-developed writing skills
- Technically competent - good general computing as well as typing skills
- Degree educated
- While the company office is in Bristol this is a home working position
- We can consider applications from the United States
- Bristol visits will be an important part of staying in touch and getting to know colleagues
- Standard office hours are 9am to 6pm GMT, Monday to Friday, however flexible working is available
- You will be required to help provide out-of-office weekend cover for one weekend a month, which simply means being available to cover any new enquiries twice a day
- Twenty-five days of paid holiday will be awarded each year, in addition to your birthday and bank holidays. If you get to go on a Patagonia training recce (typically once a year) your holiday allocation is adjusted to 20 days
- Company benefits include annual travel insurance, group pension scheme , bike-to-work scheme, mobile phone, flexible working policy, opportunity to work-and-travel and an annual Swoop Summer adventure
- Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience
- You will report to Kate Clover, Swoop’s Sales Manager
How to Apply
If you feel you’ve got the prerequisites, please do get in touch by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter answering in no more than one page on ‘Why Patagonia?’.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.