|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Braggers Lane, Bransgore, Hampshire, BH23 8EE, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||5th September 2018|
Join the UK Youth Apprenticeship Programme as an Outdoor Instructor and earn a Level 2 NVQ in Activity Leadership
Do you have an interest or experience in:
- Outdoor Activities and Outdoor Learning
- Supporting young people to have fun, realise their potential and build bright futures
- Practical hands on learning
- Working outdoors
Then an Outdoor Activity Apprenticeship with us could be just what you are looking for.
A great foundation to start your career
Based in the stunning New Forest National Park, each year UK Youth recruits 5-8 enthusiastic apprentices who train to deliver a huge range of activities and Outdoor Learning programmes to a wide variety of groups including: schools, youth groups, disability groups and many more....
With support from our team, you will be taken through an intense period of training, gaining new skills, qualifications and confidence before you start delivering high quality sessions in activities such as; archery, climbing, low ropes, high ropes, team building, problem solving, watersports and many more…
Our Apprenticeship programme is the perfect starting point if you’re considering a career in the outdoor, leisure or education industries.
We believe in investing in our apprentices and as part of our level 2 apprenticeship programme, you will receive in house training across all our activities, as well as a selection of professionally recognised, National Governing Body qualifications, which will support your career and enable you to work in centres across the UK.
Exact qualifications provided are reviewed annually, but you can expect to get:
- Archery GB
- Foundation Safety and Rescue Training and UKCC Paddle Sport instructor
- ERCA Ropes Instructor
- First Aid
Think this could be for you? then apply to come and join us - No experience necessary
What you will need:
- To be 18 by 1st January 2019
- To have a passion for inspiring young people
- To have an interest or previous experience of outdoor activities (no qualifications needed)
- Plenty of energy, commitment and enthusiasm as well as the ability to confidently communicate to others
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from those that have completed a degree.
If this sounds like you, or is something you would like to work towards, please do get in touch.
For more information Please call us on 01425 672347 to arrange an informal chat.
Closing Date: September 21st 2018
Interviews: 7th & 8th October 2018
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.