|at ( view profile)|
|Location||BANGOR, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||12th January 2018|
In the office
Job title: Operations Assistant
Reports to: Operations Manager
Package: £17,000 per annum (pro rata)
Holiday Entitlement: 20d per annum (pro rata)
Contract Type: Fixed, short term
Hours: Mon- Fri 0900 - 1730 with 1 hr for lunch
Start/finish: 12/2/18 – 30/08/18 (approx. 6.5 months)
Until July the role supports preparations for Outlook's UK training events and the main summer Expedition season. Over July and August, and utilising the knowledge developed to date, the role will switch to working in the Ops Room team, supporting Expedition teams whilst overseas. By mid August all teams will have returned and so the focus turns to season ‘close down’, this involves collating key expedition paperwork, detailed case reporting and preparing insurance claims.
Duties and responsibilities
- Production of ‘Leader Packs’ for both the UK training events and the overseas expeditions.
- Reviewing and updating student records.
- Checking flight tickets for accuracy.
Planning and support:
- Assisting with the production of the Summer Operational Plan, which covers all staffing and logistics associated with expedition departures and homecomings. This will require good project management skills and involve communicating with external suppliers and stakeholders regarding bookings and arrangements.
- Collating and verifying leader paperwork (certificates, returned contracts etc).
- Undertake other tasks as reasonably required in order to meet the varying demands of the company.
Operations Room Operator (July – September);
- Answering inbound calls and emails from expedition teams who require assistance.
- Escalate events to the appropriate level in line with Operations Room procedures.
- Use the software provided to manage events and accurately record all contact with clients.
- Routine tasks and housekeeping; checking flight departures and arrivals, routine check-ins, monitoring news feeds, event record management).
- Completion of insurance claim paperwork for recoverable medical expenses.
- Operations room shifts which extend beyond normal working hours, some of which will be night shifts, and paid at an overtime rate
Essential skills required*
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and confident on the phone
- Self-motivated and proactive with work task
*These skills should be demonstrated in your previous work history, highlighted in your covering letter and will be discussed at interview.
Contact: Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to: [email protected]
Closing date: 29/01/18
Interviews: 02/02/18 & 5/02/18
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.