|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Finchley, London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||26th October 2018|
In the office
Challenges Un Limited (trading as Charity Challenge) is a multi-award-winning company and have been in business since 1999. We work exclusively for the charity sector, raising millions of pounds for worthwhile causes. We currently have an office team of 16 people.
We operate treks, bike rides, mountain climbs, and other adventure travel itineraries, whereby our clients raise money for their chosen charity through their participation. We operate about 130+ challenges a year and have raised over £50m for 1700+ UK, Irish and Canadian registered charities to date.
We are best known for organising the very successful BT Red Nose Day Kilimanjaro Climb for Gary Barlow, Cheryl Cole, Kimberley Walsh, Ronan Keating, Chris Moyles, Denise Van Outen, Alesha Dixon, Ben Shephard and Fearne Cotton which raised over £3.35million for Comic Relief, and the Zambezi Hell and High Water Challenge in 2013 with Mel C, Jack Dee and Dara O’Briain.
The company has gone from strength to strength developing an excellent reputation both within the corporate and charity sectors, donating hundreds of thousands of pounds to local community projects in the countries in which we operate, and building houses, schools and health centres in developing countries as part of our award-winning community challenge programme.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic individual with a passion for adventure travel to join our busy team. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Operations Assistant will provide administrative support to the entire operations team. We are looking to recruit a highly organised individual who is used to prioritising and perhaps looking to develop a career in the adventure travel sector. You will manage a demanding and varied work load and will maintain a very high level of attention to detail. The role will involve carrying out the day to day preparation and organisation of all aspects of our challenges and will involve the following key activities:
- Responsible for uploading to database pre-challenge documentation: Challenge checklist, visa information, final instructions and challenge contacts
- Manage Challenges email inbox and update database with dietary, rooming, medical requirements
- Prepare expedition ground handler reports, highlight dietary requirements, medical issues and create rooming lists
- Organise participant packs for airport “meet and greet” in conjunction with flights team
- Manage and maintain SAT phones for relevant challenges
- Work with Adventure Travel Consultant on participant cancellation, notifying operations managers where necessary
- Support operations manager with any ad hoc requests from teams in country
- Send welcome home emails
- Collate post challenge feedback from customers, highlight problem areas to relevant department
- Gain understanding of all challenges and responding to sales enquiries from potential customers
- Respond to enquiries on Challenges inbox or notify operations managers
- Assist with competitor analysis to ensure Charity Challenge retains its competitive edge in the market
- Assist Flights department with meet and great service in busy periods
- Upload new expeditions on summit when necessary
- General duties as deemed necessary by the company e.g. photo copier
- Relevant group tour operation experience and travel is an advantage.
- Highly organised and with a good level of attention to detail to manage this area of our business.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently, prioritise workloads and competently project manage many tasks, with a high level of care and attention all at the same time.
- Ability to take the initiative and be a confident and competent communicator with internal staff, clients and overseas ground handlers.
- High level competence on Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
What you can expect from us
- We are a small business with a friendly office, full of people with passion for what they are doing. It is a lively and busy environment. We can promise that you will be challenged in your role! This is a chance to do something special, and work not only in the travel sector but also do something to help worthwhile causes
- Opportunities to join an overseas challenge
- Mon-Fri, 0900-1730hrs.
- 24 Days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), plus an extra day for each extra year that you work up to maximum of 27 days
- Salary is from £21-25k depending on experience
- Join Company pension scheme
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.