|Location||Surbiton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||20th November 2019|
Sales & Marketing
As Online Trading Executive you will sit within the Ecommerce team, this covers Ecommerce, Marketing, Creative & Analytics and is devoted to creating exceptional experiences for our customers through great content, amazing user journeys and impactful multichannel marketing activity. Customer insight and performance results drive our thinking, ensuring everything we do is engaging & effective, timely & targeted and most of all customer-led. You will report into the Head of Ecommerce and be responsible for merchandising and the daily maintenance of the Zegrahm and International Expeditions websites, along with weekly and ad hoc analysis. This role will work to improve the websites partnering closely with the development team and CRO team.
What you will be doing
- Daily maintenance of the website across desktop, tablet, and mobile to ensure every product and piece of content is listed accurately, attractively, and in the right place at the right time in order to maximise sales, building new product pages when required.
- Regular report on all KPIs for both brands, continually monitoring traffic, conversion rates, drop-off points and other key metrics.
- Proactively report on results of merchandising initiatives, demonstrating and acting on the ROI of different campaigns.
- Ad hoc analysis where required using Google Analytics, heatmapping and visitor recording tools.
- Proactively suggest the most effective, creative appearance and design of the web pages using analytics and best practice from travel and non-travel sectors to optimise all pages in terms of usability, engagement and conversion rate.
- Ensure that the site text, meta data, XML, tags are always optimised based on best practice and recommendations from the Search & Leads Manager.
- Optimise promotional messaging and content – devising creative strategies and ideas to encourage immediate and repeat business.
- Own the data to inform value of site placements, profitability of products, and categories to create the optimum display mix.
- Work with the Creative Team to review and refresh existing content (copy/images/video) on the websites, ensuring integrity and consistency of content and customer journey.
- Undertake weekly and monthly reporting on the performance of the website, including analysis on the performance of each trip.
- Proactively suggest ideas for AB tests and UX improvements across the sites.
- Identify bugs on the site and recognise areas for development and improvement. Work closely with the Head of eCommerce in order to get requirements prioritised and released.
- Work closely with the marketing team in Seattle to update the site with any promotions or updates.
- Experience in working in an ecommerce environment with experience in on-site merchandising and associated technology.
- Strong analytical skills with Google Analytics expertise and an advanced Excel user.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to use data to clearly demonstrate commercial success.
- Solid understanding of the key parts of the conversion funnel with the ability to optimise each stage from a site set-up and page build perspective.
- The ability to prioritise your workload whilst maintaining a flexible and proactive approach to your responsibilities, whether you’re working autonomously or as part of a team.
- Impressive organisation and communication skills, showing initiative, painstakingly accuracy and genuine care about the details.
- Innovative and proactive with ideas and solutions.
- A positive, can-do individual who brings energy to the team and very strong collaborator.
- Obsessed about applying customer insight and performance results.
- A natural appetite for working at pace, delivery timely insights and recommendations.
- A passion for the adventure travel industry.
• Previous experience working with Drupal CMS is advantageous.
• Working across multiple websites.
• Excellent written/copywriting skills.
• Creative skills and experience with Adobe programs.
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
• Competitive salary
• Various employee discounts and offers
• Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Career progression opportunities
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.