|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||10th July 2018|
Calling all Teachers, Teaching Assistants and Students. In fact, working at our London Day Camps (aka Playschemes) is suitable for anyone who is available during the school holidays and loves working with kids!
Running from East Finchley, this is your opportunity to have an exciting working week while enhancing our fun and safe day camps for children aged 3-13.
The camps run Monday – Friday and hours are usually 08:30 to 16:00. On Mondays everybody starts at 08:00, and once a week staff are required to stay until 16.30. Training and set up, which everybody must attend, takes place on the Sunday before the first day of camp.
- While poolside, your focus is the safety of campers and staff in and around the pool area, preventing and responding to emergencies.
- If swimming is not in session you will assist groups with activities, making sure that each child has maximum fun in a safe environment.
- There is scope for progression and promotion throughout the school holiday and future camps.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Your primary responsibility is to promote the safeguarding and welfare of the children in our care.
- You must complete our full safeguarding training that will be provided.
- You must advise only your Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO) of any safeguarding concerns.
- Maintain constant surveillance of pool activities and swimming lessons to prevent accidents.
- Identify and eliminate potential hazards by controlling the pool and surrounding area.
- Respond quickly and in accordance with established procedures.
- Administer first aid as required.
- Address behavioural issues suitably and discuss with colleagues and management when appropriate
- Be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other duties where needed, such as assisting with activities if not required in the pool, domestic tasks, managing equipment.
- On one day each week you are required to help care for and run activities for children who have booked an extended/late stay.
- Ensure that all administrative tasks (risk assessments etc.) are thoroughly and correctly completed.
Person Specification and Skills
- Valid National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) or equivalent
- Motivated and energetic team player
- Interested in working with children/young people
- Approachable, patient and flexible
- Ability to make the right decision at the right time and stay calm under pressure
- Always maintain a professional approach to all duties
- Good record keeping skills
- Qualified or student teachers
- First Aid certificate
- EYFS knowledge & experience
- Proven experience working with children
- Any other specialist qualifications / interests (e.g. drama, art, sport etc.)
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.