|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||4th December 2017|
In the field & office
World Challenge works in partnership with schools to prepare young people for life.
The programme is based on the belief that key life skills, such as leadership, resilience and empathy, are developed through real life experience and we enable young people to develop these skills through powerful student-led expeditions overseas.
Working with schools across the globe, World Challenge has offices in Europe, Australasia, North America, South Africa and the UAE, delivering over 700 expeditions each year.
This role will be based in Dubai Working week Sunday – Thursday (8.30am -5.00pm) so a residents visa and local (UAE visa) would be applicable and full support given in obtaining these.
To support our Middle East client facing team in at role that is both field and office based to deliver excellent customer service to our students and guardians
As the LCOC, you will plan and run training expeditions across the Middle East, together with workshops with the challengers and school leaders to prepare them for their expedition. In addition you will manage all logistics, the teams’ group kit for departure as well as the expedition communication kits. A core part of this role also requires you to lead a minimum of 3 expeditions throughout the year with different schools covering the different products.
The role will oversee a portfolio of schools supporting the Regional Manager and School Account Manager in the field with any necessary administration. Working with the expedition support team, the role will also handle communication with parents and challengers, to enable the efficient and well-rounded servicing of our customers.
Supporting the Regional Manager (RM) and School Account Managers (SAMs) in the field
The Regional Manager and SAMs will be the main point of contact for our school teachers who will build deeper relationships through consistent face time throughout the pre-departure period. Working alongside our customer support team, you will support the RM and SAMs with efficient administration to ensure the best possible service is delivered.
• Foster great relationships with all associated RM and SAMs to ensure they are able to deliver the best possible service on the front line.
• Ensure efficient responses to incoming queries and requests for support from the RM and SAMs are actioned. Providing admin support to them where necessary.
• Tailor our servicing and support to the individual school needs.
• Liaise with UK departments, e.g. planning, flights and leader management team (LMT).
• Proactively discuss any issues or concerns about relevant teams with the RM and SAMs following communication with parents and guardians. The LCOC will be empowered to discuss the following with school teachers; high withdrawal rates, overdue payments, complaints, persistently missing medical/passport information, fitness improvement feedback, potential itinerary changes etc.
Expedition Equipment, Training Expeditions (TE) & Leading
• Manage and maintain the Middle East stores, group equipment and expedition communication kits eg: satellite phones, beacons, smart phones and InReach units.
• Liaise with UK logistics to ensure any replacement equipment is received in good time.
• Work under RM to deliver TE’s across the Middle East in line with UK standard.
• Lead at least 3 Middle East based school expeditions as directed by the RM and LMT.
Supporting Challengers and guardians
Working alongside the customer support team the LCOC will be a supporting point of contact for students and guardians, responding efficiently and informatively to queries and ensure all students are ready to travel. The role will contribute to Challenger retention and repeat client business through delivering excellent customer service.
• Use broad knowledge of policies and destinations and exercise initiative, to answer inbound queries comprehensively and promptly.
• Give advice and support to Challengers and guardians, verbal and written including but not limited to expedition kit, destinations, itineraries, medical issues, booking conditions, payment options, flight enquiries, fitness feedback, safety and back up.
• Liaison with the RM and SAMs about any significant incidents involving their schools.
• Proofing customer facing documentation so the highest standards are maintained.
• Ensure all Challenger administration (including medical information, passport, fitness) is up to date, correct and approved before departure.
• Ensure families are up to date with finances - take payments over the phone, liaise with UK finance, action refunds, and tactfully investigate and evaluate individual payment plans assessing personal circumstance, find a suitable course of action etc.
• Deal with issues and complaints within the portfolio, ensuring that the RM and SAMs are well informed of concerns that may threaten the relationship with the school or financial implications that threaten the profitability of a school.
• Ensure you have a strong working knowledge of the terms and conditions in order to operate within company policies and guidelines.
• Fully record any Challenger and guardian correspondence on the company database.
• Deliver high quality expedition programme meetings and training sessions for all client schools with overseas expedition teams within the Middle East.
• Provide fitness feedback to challengers and parents, in conjunction with the school teachers through the RM and SAMs
• Strong level of emotional intelligence needed to ensure all customers are engaged with empathetically.
Special Requirements of the job
• Expectation of out of hours travel to support the delivery of the programme activities – attendance at parents evenings, Summit and Training Expeditions. Lead a combination of Adventure Programmes (8-14 days), International Award (IA) DofE programmes (7-14 days) and Expeditions (15-30 days) throughout the year. Expenses will be reimbursed and Time Off in Lieu given.
• The role meets the requirements in respect of exceptions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be asked to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Criminal Records Bureau before the appointment is confirmed.
Personal qualities & interests
Our LCOC should:
• Be passionate about our product.
• Want to exceed the expectations of our customers.
• Be pro-active and ready to take the initiative and think creatively to solve challenges.
• Be confident to engage with a range of stakeholders – teachers, parents, students.
• Know the importance of paying attention to the little details.
• Be robust, able to work under pressure.
• Be a team player who is prepared to get involved.
Knowledge & skills
Our LCOC must be:
• Experience in an Expedition Leader, Outdoor Industry Instruction role required
• Mountain Leader (summer), or equivalent, required
• Experience of working with young people / youth groups required
• Experience of independent or expedition travel in the developing world required
• Experience of International Award (DofE) required
• Valid First Aid certificate to lead WCE programmes required
• Jungle experience with groups preferable
• Experience of travelling in Central and South East Asia preferable
• DofE approved assessor preferable
• An understanding of basic first aid and expedition health and hygiene required
• Experience within a customer focused environment (2-3 years).
• Relationship building / interpersonal skills.
• Effective organisational and time management skills to manage a diary of varied meetings and training delivery across a number of clients.
• Ability to work remotely on an independent and autonomous basis.
• Communication: effective articulation of World Challenge programmes and key messages largely through presenting to customers
• Communication: excellent and flexible verbal communication.
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of Power Point, Outlook.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Initiative, empathy, adaptability and enthusiasm.
• Full clean driving licence.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.