|at ( view profile)|
|Location||High Wycombe, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||24th May 2018|
In the office
World Challenge is an ambitious, successful organisation driven to deliver transformative adventures for our team and customers.
Our programme is based on the belief that key life skills, such as leadership, resilience and empathy, are developed through real life experience. We enable young people to develop these skills through powerful student-led expeditions overseas.
Working with schools across the globe, World Challenge has offices in Europe, Australasia, North America and the UAE, delivering over 700 expeditions each year.
Within the World Challenge brand you will be responsible for the recruitment, placement and performance management of freelance staff for overseas expeditions and domestic courses, events and programmes
What we are looking for
On a fixed term contract of 12 months, we are looking for an ambitious, motivated individual who wishes to join the team and step into a culture of success who deliver transformative adventures
What you will be doing
As a Leader Management Advisor you will work as member of a collaborative Leader Management + Training team to ensure all leaders are successfully set up for expedition through the following;
- Placing Leaders on expeditions and domestic courses across all World Challenge Markets (as required) according to targets set by the Head of Leader Management + Training
- Liaising with Leaders, providing them with accurate information regarding World Challenge expeditions, courses and events
- Liaising with other departments to obtain accurate information about schools Leader requirements in order to place the most appropriate Leader
- Place staff according to set processes ensuring their qualifications and competence match those laid out by the Safety & Compliance Team
- Negotiate fees and packages with Leaders
- Prepare and send out confirmation letters and contracts for each Leader placed
- Advise Leaders on all aspects of their employment pre and post expedition
- Assist in the processing of Leader expenses and fees thereby ensuring that all Leaders get paid within time constraints
- Collect and document evidence of all relevant Expedition Leader qualifications, training and experience prior to deployment
- Screen and select potential candidates to feed Potential Leader Courses and recruitment events in line with set pre-requisites
- Ensure that Leaders attend key events and training courses as required
- Active role in providing both positive and constructive feedback to Leaders
- Supporting the personal development journey of all Expedition Leaders and Assistants
- Building and developing professional rapport and relationships with Expedition Leaders to increase retention and engagement
- Involved in the creation and implementation of innovative engagement tools to boost retention
- Under the guidance of Line Management, perform tasks that ensure World Challenge’s compliance with the Travelopia Customer H&S Policy
- Experience of working in a customer facing role within a team environment whilst providing great attention to detail.
- Experience of achieving set targets and deadlines, and effective self-management.
- Problem solving skills; ability to solve last-minute staffing and administration issues
- Ability to demonstrate persistence with an achievement orientated approach; whilst being diplomatic and maintaining a clear and polite telephone manner with great customer focus
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Experience of travel in excting environments (desirable)
- Knowledge of World Challenge expeditions (desirable)
- Knowledge of the outdoor industry, expeditions and adventure travel (desirable)
- Knowledge of youth development (desirable)
Other Relevant Information
- This role is for a fixed period of time to cover maternity leave
- Office Hours - based at World Challenge Head Office (High Wycombe)
- Will require some weekend work, unsociable hours and travel as there will be a requirement to visit and attend some events
- Required to do a maximum of two weeks Operations Centre duty (annually), normally as Incident Coordinator (IC)
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
Please send a covering letter and your CV to [email protected]
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.