|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Liphook, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||27th April 2018|
Bohunt Education Trust (BET) is seeking to appoint a leader of outdoor education. We are making this appointment as we further develop our outdoor offer across our schools.
BET is committed to creating 'game-changers' and the outdoor programme forms a key part of that due to its ability to build confidence, self-esteem, resilience, teamwork, communication and a variety of other skills and attitudes. The outdoor programme currently encompasses:
- Year 8 Activity Camp
- Year 9 Bushcraft Camp
- Bronze Duke of Edinburgh in Year 10
- Silver Duke of Edinburgh in Year 11
- Gold Duke of Edinburgh in the Sixth Form
- Major expeditions to places such as Greenland and Azerbaijan
- Various clubs and one-off trips
The person appointed will be responsible for:
- Developing the impact and breadth of Outdoor Education (OE)
- Grant applications and sponsorship seeking
- Increasing the profile and importance of OE both in schools but also to a wider, national audience
- Recruitment and Training of volunteers
- Policy development
- Developing climbing at Bohunt Wokingham, which has an impressive climbing wall and NICAS Club
- Instructing/Leading certain activities, particularly climbing
- Health and Safety on Trips and Visits
- Single Pitch Award Qualification
- Self-motivated, have a high level of organisational skills, enthusiastic, committed and safety conscious
- Flexibility in working hours
- Able to drive a minibus
- Other outdoor qualifications (e.g. MIAS Mountain Bike Leader Award, Mountain Leader, International Mountain Leader Qualification)
- 16 hour outdoor first aid certificate
The salary is negotiable and will be dependent on experience and qualifications. The post is a permanent one and is pensionable, part time hours would only be considered for a truly exceptional candidate.
Closing date is Wednesday 9 May, 2018.
Bohunt Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.