|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Surbiton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||25th January 2019|
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, sports tours, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
The UK Adventure division constitutes the Exodus Travels, Trek America, Grand American Adventures & Headwater brands, and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
It’s an exciting time to join as there are big growth opportunities across the brands, and big growth opportunities in marketing. There are new marketing channels to open up, incredible adventure images and video to be utilised, astonishing levels of customer satisfaction & heaps of passion for the brand. It all makes the marketing department a great place to work.
The marketing department covers Ecommerce, Marketing, Creative & Analytics and is devoted to creating exceptional experiences for our customers through great content, amazing user journeys and impactful multichannel marketing activity. Customer insight and performance results drive our thinking, ensuring everything we do is engaging & effective, timely & targeted and most of all customer led.
What you will be doing
As Head of Ecommerce, you will have responsibility for the Ecommerce team of 5 and developing, driving and implementing the UK Adventure brands’ ecommerce strategy in order to maximise sales, with relentless emphasis on customer acquisition and conversions. This will incorporate aspects of digital marketing strategy including PPC, SEO & affiliates.
There is an on-site development team to support on system changes and a creative team in the department to support with creative assets.
Responsible for overall website performance and online trading, focussing relentlessly on journeys and maximising conversion rate across bookings & leads.
Develop, own & drive the overall ecommerce strategy to ensure growth in overall bookings as well as online bookings as a %, through increased customer acquisition & conversion
Ensure consistency of content & customer journey across the site is maintained at all times, working with the team to deliver high impact home & product pages, prioritising key content.
Work closely with Online Merchandisers, Head of Marketing, the Digital and Systems Team and outside suppliers on continuous improvements to the website and digital systems
Product Owner of the websites - continually review the relevance and commercial potential of new areas of digital development, prioritising areas for the development team to work on
Be the lead in the marketing department for deploying promotions and discounts, clarifying and cascading details.
Work with Search & Leads Manager to drive strategy on PPC search, ensuring payback is clear and bids are optimised to maximise return
Assist Search & Leads Manager in managing & implementing SEO strategy, daily optimisation and technical roadmap
Support Search & Leads manager to develop and deliver the affiliate strategy & plan, ensuring payback is clear
Support senior managers in key decisions on business strategy
• A minimum of 5 years in an ecommerce environment, with experience in creative and digital marketing, particularly onsite merchandising and associated technology
• Comfortable with creative concepts and how they relate to website usability
• Confident, enthusiastic and strategic with strong leadership, delegation and influencing skills, able to work collaboratively across the business and to engage internal and external stakeholders
• Whilst able to think strategically, also able to engage on an operational level with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• Knowledge of Google Analytics and strong Excel skills essential, with exemplary attention to detail and the ability to make sense of complex data
• An analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving & troubleshooting skills, showing plenty of initiative
• Well organised, Strong planning skills and comfortable managing conflicting demands
• Excellent communication and management skills required to work with a small and diverse team
• Passion for the travel industry and appreciation & empathy with our brand values
• Experienced people manager, with ability to feedback clearly & constructively, develop individuals and give teams direction.
• A positive, proactive, can-do individual who brings energy to the team and very strong collaborator
• Obsessed about applying customer insight and performance results.
• Natural appetite for working at pace, delivery timely insights and recommendations
Online Customer Champion: Put the customer first. Pivotal role to ensure customer-centric online approach.
Website/Ecommerce: Maximise and deliver full sales potential of website
Development: Ensure environment of constant testing & developing of site to ensure optimisation
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
• Competitive salary
• Various employee discounts and offers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV:
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.