|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Keswick, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||24th May 2018|
In the office
Sales & Marketing
Established in 1984, KE Adventure Travel is one of the UK’s leading adventure tour operators running over 400 tours to 90 different countries worldwide. This is a thrilling time to join one of the strongest brands in adventure travel, as we recently became part of the Voyageurs du Monde group.
An exciting opportunity has become available within our friendly Customer Sales & Support Team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about adventure travel and the outdoors.
The job offers a unique opportunity to be based in Keswick, located in the heart of the beautiful Lake District and recently recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage site. Our friendly office is run by well-travelled specialists and based in the centre of Keswick, a small town with a big personality; we have easy access to the fells and lakes, an abundance of excellent restaurants, an award winning theatre and several high performing schools.
The role will mainly involve generating sales for the business and the successful candidate will also work closely with the Flights Manager to provide key back up and support. Therefore we are looking for someone with experience which includes knowledge of a flight GDS system.
- Sell KE Adventure holidays directly to clients
- Ensure sales enquiries are recorded effectively and accurately
- Canvass sales leads in a timely manner to encourage bookings
- Process bookings on the KE Booking Management System
- Liaise and work together with all departments to ensure the prompt and accurate processing of enquiries and bookings
- Respond to client and agent queries by email
- Answer the phones
- Alongside the Product team, manage the status of your allocated trips
- Take payments and administer refunds for clients
- Provide sales support and represent KE professionally, on occasion, outside of normal office hours for example attendance at travel shows
- Deal with any other tasks pertinent to the role
- Provide quotes and hold flights to unlock the best opportunities for clients
- Careful monitoring of the Amadeus Q System
- Create flight bookings on the Amadeus system
- Process Flight Inclusive Bookings via the KE Booking Management System
- Send etickets to clients
- Process ticket reissues, exchanges and refunds
- Calculate additional costs for flight changes and upgrades
- Handle all flight queries from clients, leaders and KE Staff
- Liaise with clients with regard to flight details and keep them informed of schedule changes
- Assist with other flight-related duties as and when required
- Previous sales experience is desirable
- Travel industry experience and knowledge would be advantageous
- Previous GDS experience
- Knowledge of airline rules and regulations including fare rules, ticket exchanges and ticket refunds
- Sound understanding of airline contracts and procedures
- Experience and full working knowledge of both net and published fares
- Understanding the organisation of Queues
- Good geographical and product knowledge of destinations, cities and airlines
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi task and prioritise workload
- Effective planning and a flexible and proactive approach to the role are essential
- Applicants must be familiar with MS Office, be well-educated, be able to work under pressure and be willing to take on further responsibility
HOURS AND DAYS OF WORK:
Five days each week, Tuesday to Saturday. Normal office hours are 9am to 5.30pm Tuesday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm Friday and Saturday, with half an hour for lunch
The starting salary is flexible depending on experience and we see this as an opportunity to develop and grow within the business.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email your CV with a covering letter explaining what you have to offer KE and why you think you are suitable for the job to: [email protected]
Please include a full list of all your travel experience, your current salary and when you would be available to start.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and will consider applicants as they apply. The closing date for applications will be 30th June 2018.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.