|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||7th September 2018|
In the field
Are you wanting to climb a 6,7,8000mtr peak in the Himalayas or start a new career in expedition leading?
In conjunction with 360 Expedtions we have teamed up to offer a small group of people this discounted opportunity to train towards your dream mountain climb or new career. (Places depend on suitability)
It is all based out of the impressively stunning French Pyrenees which offers a wonderful alternative to the Alps or Scottish Highlands for the aspiring winter mountaineer – it really is hard to find a better playground to learn the basic skills and requirements for winter mountain travel. By undertaking a closely supervised mountain journey, this course will increase your understanding of this fantastic environment and build your confidence to be able to move in winter conditions safely and independently, and your understanding of the atmospheric and geographic conditions around you.
The course covers such skills as:
• Snowshoeing• Safety in the winter environment• Self arrest techniques• Assessing avalanche hazard• Basic navigation• Ice axe and crampon work on varying terrain and conditions• Building snow and ice anchors and belays• Moving together over snow and ice• Construction of snow holes and weather forecasting• Basic ice climbing techniques• Ascent of a mountain in winter conditions
Adventure Fitness Consultants will support your course with a free consultation where we can discuss your goals, whether it being training plan for physical fitness or learning the skills necessary for leading mountaineering expeditions.
- Airport transfers to and from Toulouse
- Rolfe Oostra as your guide for the whole week
- Transfers to and from the mountain base
- SOME technical equipment (ice axe, harness, crampons and snow shoes)
- Food while on the mountain
- 2 nights of accommodation based on 2 sharing at Papilio guest house with breakfast
- 1 town meal on arrival
- Mountain accommodation
PRICE - £760
For more information please get in touch.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.