|Location||The Royal Geographical Society Building , London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||20th May 2021|
In the field
Join Our Expedition – British Exploring Society
“One of the best decisions I’ve ever made.”
British Exploring Society is a world class youth development charity which empowers and equips young people with the courage, resilience and determination to make the most of their future.
We take young people on expeditions to remote locations where they face challenges, gain skills and learn about themselves and the fragile environments that they explore.
We are currently recruiting Leaders for our 2021 summer expeditions to the Scottish Highlands. We are welcoming applications for the following Leader positions:
- Paddle Leaders
- Knowledge Leaders
- Adventure Leaders
- Social Leaders
Benefits of leading with us
- Lead, inspire and facilitate the personal development of young people in remote and wild environments
- Meet a huge range of new people, forging friendships and memories of shared experiences
- Learn new skills and develop existing skills that can help shape and support your career
- Become part of a community of volunteer Leaders and a Member of British Exploring Society
We are looking for applicants who are:
- Able and passionate about leading, inspiring, and teaching young people.
- Comfortable spending extended periods in remote and sometimes harsh environments.
- Able to commit to pre-expedition training events throughout in June and are available for between 2 to 4 weeks from late July 2021 to end of August 2021.
As a charity, all Leader positions are undertaken on a voluntary basis and Leaders join for the intrinsic value of adventure, education and personal development of young people. You do not have to fundraise to lead on our expeditions.
Prior to expedition all volunteer Leaders will receive training and support. All main expedition costs are covered, including insurance, specialist equipment, expedition food and accommodation. Leaders will need to provide their own personal kit. Leaders may claim expenses for UK training events.
How do I apply?
Please visit https://www.britishexploring.org/lead/ for further info about our volunteer roles and to apply to lead with us. If you have any further questions, please contact us directly on [email protected]
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.