|at ( view profile)|
|Location||York, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||20th September 2018|
In the office
Lost Earth Adventures is a small, but rapidly growing UK outdoor activity provider (primarily operating across Yorkshire and Peak District) and overseas tour operator; specialising in adventurous treks and multi-activity holidays to Nepal.
We are seeking a full-time Expedition Coordinator (Logistics & Bookings) to assist in the running of our business in our office in central York.
We are looking for an able communicator who is efficient, organised and interested in adventure. You should be keen to learn about the way in which an adventure travel company is run, and therefore willing to take on varied tasks and responsibilities. The ability to multi-task and think independently is a must.
About the role
This is a diverse role in which responsibilities and tasks will vary according to the time of year.
Starting salary: £18,000 per annum.
• Managing enquiries – You will take care of the majority of enquiries that we receive via email and phone. You should be confident communicating with customers and responding to any queries before, during or after their session.
• Sales & Lead Generation – You will be involved in the process of identifying and cultivating potential clients and pitching a range of products to them. This can sometimes involve creating bespoke adventures for a client.
• Logistics & Event Organisation
UK – Sourcing accommodation or transport for clients; making sure all arrangements are in place with clients and staff and ensuring freelance instructors have all the relevant details before their session.
Nepal – Creating and updating trekking spreadsheets with all relevant client data and itineraries; making sure we have received all necessary documents from Nepal clients.
• Admin – Invoicing; taking payments over the phone; ensuring payments have been made on time; making sure every client has submitted a consent and medical form before their activity; pricing tours; creating ATOL certificates; booking flights.
• Miscellaneous additional tasks to assist in the successful running of an outdoors company.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience in customer service
• Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel & Word
• Highly organised
• A strong sense of initiative
• Keen eye for detail
• You must be willing to work in an office 5 days over 7 (including some weekends)
• Interest in the outdoors and willingness to try our trips
• Experience working in an office-based/administrative role
• Experience in Sales
• Travel experience in Nepal
If you are interested in this role please email [email protected] with a covering letter and a CV. If you’d like a chat about the position first then please call 01904 500094.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.