|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Chingford, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||15th October 2018|
We have an opportunity available to join our team as an Events Manager in Chingford, London on a full time basis working 35 hours per week. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £34,535 per annum incl OLW.
About the role
To manage, maintain and develop the Event remit within the Corporate Partnership team and wider Fundraising function. Events are crucial to the retention of our partners and major donors so this role works across the whole Fundraising Team. The person in this post will contribute to the strategy and would work on a varied array of events – both directly and indirectly fundraising.
What we can offer you as our Events Manager
- Subsidised lunch
- Free parking
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
What we are looking for in our Events Manager …
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, prioritise to meet tight deadlines and manage key accounts in a high pressurized environment
- Highly organised, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative, with a confident presentation style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to the principals of exceptional customer care
- Experience of managing events from concept to delivery including oversight of the project budget and expenditure
- Experience of working with a range of partners across the charitable, private or public sector, with experience of contract/sales negotiation
- Experience in sales, new business development or sponsorship with proven examples of successfully generating significant income, ideally over £100,000
- Experience in developing communication and marketing plans for clients
- Experience of building successful relationships with senior staff in business
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
So if you would like to join the team as an Events Manager then please follow the link below to Apply today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: Monday 22nd October 2018 at 12.00 noon
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.