|Location||The Plat, Hop Gardens, Uckfield, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||4th May 2021|
Our mission is to create awesome events to grow great charities.
- Integrity – we provide an open book policy with our charities.
- Innovation - We are proud to have created obstacles that have never been seen before on our races.
- Play - We want our events to be fun and to bring out the inner child in the participants, charities and our team!
- Passion - Our events are managed by our passionate team of outdoor enthusiasts.
- Safety - Every event is subject to a rigorous Health & Safety Planning process.
The current portfolio of Gladiator Events is as follows:
- The Muddy Dog Challenge Series: the UK’s first obstacle race for dogs and their owners on behalf of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home taking place across the UK.
- Trek 24: a 24 mile or 24 km hike across East Anglia on behalf of East Anglia Air Ambulance and their 24/7 campaign.
- Splash Out!: Gladiator Events very own family water-themed event – a 5km run with 5 x water obstacles for charities and hospices around the UK.
The Operations Team will be responsible for the set-up and breakdown of the obstacle course or other event and event village in the days leading up to and following event days. Typical working times will be Thursday and Friday before the event, 8:00am to 5:00pm and Saturday, event day, 6:00am to 8:00pm. On event day, the Operations Team will also be responsible for area management out on the course, including repairing obstacles where necessary, instructing volunteers and coordinating with the Course Director and medical staff.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
- Full UK Driver’s Licence (preferred)
- Experience working on outdoor events.
- The ability to comfortably handle a variety of tools.
- Experience of leading treks and / or obstacle races is a bonus.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an energetic and lively personality, with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Is an excellent team player but also able to work independently.
- Have a genuine passion for outdoor events.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Be a perfectionist who strives to exceed expectations with events.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and ability to travel.
- Is able to go the extra mile and is willing to get stuck into all tasks.
- Have the ability to remain calm under pressure.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and Covering letter to Felicity Taylor-Armstrong at [email protected]. There is no official closing date for applications but we will be accepting candidates on a first-come, first-served basis so don’t delay!
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.