|at ( view profile)|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||13th April 2018|
Charity Challenge are one of the UK's largest providers of charity outdoor events. Over the years we have run thousands of challenges all round the world, from Comic Relief's Kilimanjaro climb to North Pole expeditions. This is your opportunity to join the Charity Challenge team and become involved in a fantastic charity event based in London on Sunday 22nd July.
We are looking for event crew to support a fairly large-scale event we are organising on behalf of a charity partner in London on Sunday 22ndJuly 2018. This will be an exciting event supporting over 400 people achieve a marathon distance walk taking in some of the capitals highlights along the way. There are 4 walks occurring simultaneously. There will be a strong football theme on the day and we will be visiting a number of football clubs and stadiums as well with the grand finish taking place at Wembley stadium.
We are looking for crew to support these walkers in achieving their challenge. It will be a long day, but it will be hugely satisfying and rewarding and you will make lots of new friends along the way. You must be a people person, as well as being fit and comfortable enough walking up to a marathon distance through the streets of London.
The key responsibilities we will be performing are:
- People to walk with and support charity walkers navigate safely the streets of London
- Support the charity to get key messages through to members of the public along the way
- Help our events team in ensuring other road users are made aware of the event and helping ensure safe passage for our walkers
- Being friendly and chatty to all the walkers, motivating and encouraging them along the way
- Friendly people-focussed personality
- Fit enough to potentially take on a marathon distance walk and still be smiling at the end
- First Aid qualifications are helpful but not essential as you will be supported by a crew of experienced first aid qualified staff
- Plenty of common sense and streetwise
- Knowledge of London is helpful but not essential
These are paid roles and reasonable expenses will be reimbursed. Roles and pay will be based upon skills and qualifications.
You will be required to start early (6am-ish) on Sunday 22ndJuly and be prepared for a 12+ hour day ending at a different (iconic) location to where you started. Ideally attendance at a team briefing on the evening of Saturday 21stJuly would also be beneficial but not essential.
If you are interested please complete this google form with a short profile of yourself and what you bring to this role and where you are based. We will then be in touch with you within a few days to talk through the role and, if successful, offer you the work.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.