|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||14th December 2018|
For over 26 years Skyline has been the leading charity events organiser in the UK working with more than 3,000 charities and raising tens of millions of pounds.
Skyline organises thousands of charity events every year. If you have done a charity skydive, London to Paris cycle, Great Wall of China Trek, Santa Run etc over the past 25 years then there's a chance Skyline has been at the heart of organising it!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Overseas Challenges Team here at Skyline Events.
The European Cycles Operations Manager role requires someone who is organised, driven and who has a proven track record of organising sporting events, ideally charity-focused.
Your main focuses will be the safe running of all European Cycle challenges and the development of new bespoke challenge itineraries.
You will manage around 10 cycle challenges each year and will work alongside two Event Coordinators who provide customer support to all participants; you will report to the International Events Team manager.
We are looking for a candidate who can start immediately ahead of our 2019 challenge events season.
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors
- Negotiating prices with suppliers
- Monitoring payment deadlines
- Sourcing appropriate suppliers and maintaining positive relationships with current suppliers
- Creating pre-event documentation for clients, crew and participants
- Producing and reviewing health and safety documentation for events, including risk assessments and safety procedures
- Carrying out event research and developing bespoke cycle itineraries and recces as required
- Managing a team of freelance event staff; providing training as required
- Briefing event staff prior to each challenge on specifics regarding route, participants etc.
- Acting as first point of contact in the UK whilst an event is running in case of emergency; this involves holding an emergency phone.
- Loading event information onto internal database and training relevant team members
- Monitoring information about European Cycle events on website to ensure information is valid and up to date
- Reviewing feedback from all parties (participants, crew, clients) post-event and highlighting any issues to be resolved
- Maintaining knowledge of competitors to keep ongoing analysis and making suggestions in light of this in order to keep Skyline Events competitive.
- Managing budgets for all European Cycles and updating Team Manager monthly.
The successful applicant will have:
- A strong interest in sports and adventure travel, specifically cycling
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Competent at managing projects independently
- Previous experience in an operations role for similar events
- Ability to multi task and prioritise
- Good level of spoken and written English
- French language skills would be desirable but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Thorough research skills and an eye for detail
- Personal cycling experience is preferable
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office, specifically Microsoft Excel
If you feel you are the right person for the role please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] Closing date: 15th Jan 2019
Title: European Cycles Operations Manager
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Location: Highbury, London
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.