|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Balham, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||17th May 2018|
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, sports tours, Arctic expeditions – our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.
The UK Adventure division constitutes the Exodus Travels, Trek America, Grand American Adventures & Headwater brands, and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
It’s an exciting time to join as there are big growth opportunities across the brands, and big growth opportunities in marketing. There are new marketing channels to open up, incredible adventure images and video to be utilised, astonishing levels of customer satisfaction & heaps of passion for the brand. It all makes the marketing department a great place to work.
The marketing department covers Ecommerce, Marketing, Creative & Analytics and is devoted to creating exceptional experiences for our customers through great content, amazing user journeys and impactful multichannel marketing activity. Customer insight and performance results drive our thinking, ensuring everything we do is engaging & effective, timely & targeted and most of all customer led.
What you will be doing
- Support the ecommerce team with key site maintenance, content loading and CMS workload.
- Daily maintenance of the website across desktop, tablet, and mobile to ensure every product and piece of content is listed accurately, attractively, and in the right place at the right time in order to maximise sales, building new product pages when available.
- Leveraging your great relationships skills to form seamless working relationship with the product team.
- Establish the most effective, creative appearance and design of our web pages using Best Practice from travel and non-travel sectors to optimise all pages in terms of usability and engagement
- • Ensure that the site text, meta data, XML, tags are always optimised based on best practice and recommendations from the Search Manager.
• Optimise promotional messaging and content—devising creative strategies and ideas to encourage immediate and repeat business
- • Work with the Creative Team to review and refresh existing content (copy / images / video) on our website
(including the homepage) ensuring integrity and consistency of content and customer journey
• Support the merchandising execs with weekly and monthly reporting routines on the performance of the website, particularly comparing and contrasting the performance of different types of holiday in different countries.
Online Customer Champion
Put the customer first—this is a pivotal role to ensure a customer-centric online approach. Review and improve the ‘online customer journey’ for the different Exodus products
• You have experience in an eCommerce environment and a solid understanding of creative marketing (particularly onsite merchandising and associated technology)—you’re comfortable with creative concepts and how they relate to site usability.
• You have a strong commercial acumen with the ability to use data to clearly demonstrate commercial success—you’re a user of Google Analytics and an advanced Excel user.
• You’re friendly and approachable, with an analytical mindset and the ability to prioritise your workload whilst maintaining a flexible and proactive approach to your responsibilities, whether you’re working autonomously or as part of a team. Impressive organisation and communication is in your nature— you’re full of initiative, painstakingly accurate, and you genuinely care about the details.
• Previous experience working with Drupal CMS as well as an appetite for cutting-edge online travel applications and online marketing is a distinctive advantage—not to mention a passion for the travel industry!
Working with us
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
• Competitive salary
• Various employee discounts and offers
• Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
• Contributory Pension scheme
• Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
- How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV:
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.