|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Bonsall, Derbyshire, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||21st February 2018|
In the office
Contours Walking Holidays has been organising walking breaks in Britain since 1996. We proudly offer more routes and more options in the UK than any other walking company. We strive to be the best value self-guided walking holiday company in the UK and Ireland. We do this by offering a broad variety of customizable holidays, along with competitive pricing, hand-picked service providers and excellent customer service.
We are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and passionate walker to join our busy Customer Service Team. This is a new role in our continuously growing self-guided walking holiday company. The role is office based but with the ability to get out walking to undertake trail research up to four weeks a year. In particular we are looking for an enthusiastic and active walker with experience of walking long distance trails, as well as previous customer service experience.
Reporting to the Customer Services Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that we continue to provide the best value self-guided walking holidays in the UK and highest levels of customer service.
- Answering customer enquiries and providing quotations by telephone, email and LiveChat
- Accepting new bookings and payments by telephone
- Providing telephone assistance to customers if they encounter a problem during their holiday.
- Responding to and analyzing customer feedback.
- Dealing with customer complaints promptly and courteously.
- Providing cover for our out of hours/emergency telephone service on an ad hoc basis.
- Advising booking and tour pack teams, in particular with special itineraries, cancellations and customer issues.
- Assisting the Customer Services Manager with the following:
Maintaining, reviewing and updating database and website information including itineraries, pricing and trail facts.
Ensuring that information contained in customers holiday packs is complete, accurate and up to date.
Checking and updating itineraries and route notes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and manage workloads
- Ability to work alone as well as within a team
- Ability to work well under own initiative
- Ability to be able to travel within the UK to undertake trail and route note research
- Knowledge of the UK's long distance walking trails
- Previous experience of multi-day walking on long distance trails is essential.
- Previous experience of working in an administration and customer service role.
- Experience in trail running and cycling would also be an advantage.
- You should have a genuine passion for walking and the outdoors.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Full time permanent contract: Monday to Friday 9:00 to 5:30 (1 hour lunch break) with Saturday on a rota basis, 37 ½ hours per week
- Office based role (in our office near Matlock on the edge of the Peak District National Park) with the opportunity to get out walking to undertake trail research.
- 20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- NEST Pension scheme
- On-site car parking
- Salary will be dependent on experience
How to Apply:
Email your CV with a covering letter explaining what you have to offer Contours Holidays to [email protected]
Please include a full list of all long distance trail walking experience, your salary expectations and when you would be available to start.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.