|Location||Bristol, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||4th June 2021|
In the office
On the surface we’re a travel agency specialising in adventurous trips to Antarctica, Patagonia and the Arctic. Dig deeper and you’ll find a global team that is innovative, knowledgeable, values-led and driven to be the unequivocal number one in each of our destinations. We also recognise our duty to help our customers use these extraordinary moments to reflect on the role they can play in protecting the planet.
As Swoop continues its recovery from the pandemic we’re looking to forge an even stronger global team as we support over 2,000 travellers in the season ahead. We strive to be game-changers in the travel industry and to provide our team with work that is challenging, rewarding and in which they can take enormous pride.
About the role
Managing the Polar Customer Service team, your role is to recruit, manage, train and support a team of customer service executives. You will enable them to deliver unrivalled personalised service to all of our Polar customers from the point of booking until their return, ensuring customers become ambassadors for Swoop and our regions.
Day to day management and support of the Polar customer service team will be required to ensure they are working at the top of their game, both efficiently and effectively. Working with the Head of Customer Experience you will strive for excellent service levels, efficient processes and ways of working, and champion the overall mission of driving word of mouth enquiries.
- You will have at least 3 years of experience in a customer service role, and 1-2 years of team leader experience, enabling you to hit the ground running
- You are a team player who is used to working in a smaller company. You won’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into the day job to actively support the CS team with daily tasks/duties.
- You are empathetic, friendly and charismatic, with a calm demeanour enabling you to remain calm under pressure
- You are a strong communicator who is able to lead and inspire a team, whilst being a good listener with well-developed writing skills
- You will have a passion for the natural world, embracing opportunities to get into the wild
- At least 3 days per week at our office in Bristol, with home working available for the remaining days
- Standard office hours are 9am to 6pm GMT, Monday to Friday, however flexible working is available
- You will be required to help provide out-of-office weekend cover during the high season to support our travelling customers. This will be around 3-4 weekends over a 6 month period (October-March). TOIL will be given in return.
- Twenty-five days of paid holiday will be awarded each year, in addition to your birthday and bank holidays
- Company benefits include annual travel insurance, group pension scheme, bike-to-work scheme, flexible working policy, opportunity to work-and-travel and an annual Swoop Summer adventure
- Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience
- You will report to Amy Vitali, Head of Customer Experience
How to Apply
If you feel you’ve got the prerequisites, please do get in touch by sending your CV to [email protected] along with a 3- 5 minute video explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this role and why this role is perfect for you. We recommend using Loom but will accept videos from alternative platforms.
Applications not containing this information will not be considered.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.