|Location||Surbiton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||23rd January 2020|
Sales & Marketing
This is an exciting and pivotal role with the goal of moving our customer marketing from manual campaign-based activity to automated and triggered 121 activity.
Operating across the globe including Europe, Australia, North America and Canada, we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, including private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, ski holidays and more.
The Travelopia UK Adventure division constitutes the Exodus Travels, Trek America, Grand American Adventures, Headwater, International Expeditions and Zegrahm Expeditions brands, and offers diverse experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets including North America and Australasia.
The marketing department covers Ecommerce, Marketing, CRM, Creative & Analytics and is devoted to creating exceptional experiences for our customers through great content, amazing user journeys and impactful multichannel marketing activity. Customer insight and performance results drive our thinking, ensuring everything we do is engaging & effective, timely & targeted and most of all, customer led.
This role reports the Head of CRM and is responsible for our retention & loyalty strategy and activity direct to our most precious resource, our customers! Working with the head of marketing and creative to stay within our brand guidelines and tone of voice you will drive the conversation with our clients through timely comms as well as ensuring we maximise return on investment in print media/brochureware.
What you’ll be doing:
As a strong, budget conscious marketer with great interpersonal skills, you’ll sit across and be the ‘owner’ of a range of customer retention activities. Your aim will be to drive bookings from existing customers & enquirers for all adventure brands in all territories, hitting ambitious growth targets.
You will build compelling customer journeys through activating and engaging the customer base, utilising the latest data-driven and automated techniques to get the right message to the right customer at the right time, and using all customer research and insight to shape your plans.
You will also lead the promotional calendar for all brands, incorporating overall marketing campaigns, stories & promos into the customer contact strategy.
You’ll take responsibility for:
- Planning, Delivery & Performance across your channels, ensuring that ROI is always measured & maximised.
- Developing the customer contact plan, mapping the customer journey and constantly reviewing performance of automated comms.
- Lead management, maximising opportunities to convert customers through the funnel
- Developing the Loyalty scheme strategy & plans.
- Customer promotions & offers – gaining agreement across the business, deploying and reporting
- Briefing the creative team (with clear definition of aims, audience, insights, messaging, vols, format, budget).
- Working with satellite offices to ensure consistent global messaging, approving local amends where required
Brochure & Direct Mail Distribution
- Drive brochure distribution strategy (volume/format/budget/targeting), ensure targeting and that audience is correctly identified for the creative team to deliver appropriate assets, in the right formats, at the right frequency.
- Work with the analytics team to segment the customer base to match the most effective format of the brochure to the expected return from the customer.
- Manage direct mail strategy, plans and delivery (e.g. postcards, mini brochures, loyalty newsletters.)
- Be the marketing owner for loyalty for all brands. Work closely with sales to track discount/incentive activity and customer behaviour.
- Own the loyalty strategy and execution with a great understanding of loyalty data from the CRM system.
- Acquire tier benefits (discounts etc.) from 3rd parties and communicate/manage messages to customers.
- Surprise and delight upper tier loyalty customers with value add, event invitations and special recognition.
- Ensure communication to loyalty tiers is consistent and work with Creative team to drive clear identities for each tier and each individual piece of communication.
- Own the strategy for the online merchandise shop and ensure stock levels are maintained across the year.
What we are looking for:
- Experience building and delivering successful retention plans
- Demonstrable experience in brochure & direct mail marketing.
- Experience building and executing loyalty schemes
- An expert in customer contact planning covering all customer comms channels
- Demonstrable skills in reviewing and responding to performance results and customer insight, and always looking at payback and to optimise budget allocation and forecast future payback.
- Excited about constantly testing new formats and learning from results.
- Knowledge of CRM platforms and inbound marketing tools such as SuiteCRM, Salesforce, Hubspot, Inbox25
- Creative & innovative thinker that is looking at a range of customer sets and ensuring our communication is timely, relevant and recognises their unique perspective
- Experience planning successful customer driven campaigns
- Experience running loyalty scheme communications
- Strong planning skills
- A positive, proactive, can-do individual who brings energy to the team and very strong collaborator
- Natural appetite for working at pace, delivery timely insights and recommendations
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.