|at ( view profile)|
|Location||York, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||5th February 2019|
In the office
Sales & Marketing
Who We Are
Lost Earth Adventures is a small, but rapidly growing, York based outdoor activity provider in the UK and overseas tour operator specialising in adventurous treks and multi-activity holidays to Nepal. We deliver a whole range of outdoor adventure activities and curriculum-linked programmes across the UK and Nepal.
Our itineraries are unique and strive to get off the beaten path while also showcasing the highlights of a destination. As a small, personal company we pride ourselves on our professionalism, leadership and attention to detail. People travel with Lost Earth Adventures because of our in depth and personal knowledge of the countries we visit. As one of our latest guests stated, “I am reborn! Simply the best holiday I have ever been on.”
Lost Earth Adventures are seeking an Adventure Sales Agent to assist the team with the day to day running of tour operations and sales.
A large part of the role will be updating our website / social media with text, photos, trip reports and editing content. You should be able create and share content to attract and convert prospects into customers and increase brand awareness through a range of mediums. You will be in charge of the company’s blog, including its content which is shared on our website and social media. Candidates should have the excellent grammar, spelling and the confidence to come up with content.
As part of a small team you will also be selling and pricing tours for the UK and Nepal with day-to-day liaison with overseas agents, existing clients and dealing with email and phone enquiries. You will work closely with the head of sales to ensure consistency of content and the customer journey across the company is maintained.
- Taking bookings over the phone and email.
- Ensure accurate tracking and filing of all client and supplier information
- Pricing tours and treks
- Answering enquiries and questions prior to an event
- Ensuring all staff have the relevant information before they run a trip
- Liaise with operations to ensure all events, tours and treks are staffed to appropriate levels
- Invoicing and Chasing payments
The role is based at our head office in York which are open 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday. A flexible approach to when you work will be needed and we’ll offer the same in return. You would also help provide out-of-office weekend cover and emergency contact as part of a rota. We offer a competitive salary, dependent on your level of experience, 20 days holiday per annum with the potential for salary increase based on performance.
You must be an outdoors enthusiast with a knack for selling, as well as having great people skills and excellent copy writing. Please send us a link to either a blog or examples of your writing.
- Overseas trekking and adventure travel experience preferably in Nepal or India
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong eye for detail
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel & Word
- Ability to prioritise & manage multiple priorities
- Mountain Equipment, DMM, Petzl and Wild Country equipment available at trade cost
- Cotswold 15% discount
- Opportunities for further professional development
- Salary increase based on performance
How to Apply
Contact: Rhiannon: [email protected] with a covering letter and a CV. If you’d like a chat about this role first then please call 01904 500094
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.