|at ( view profile)|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||20th March 2018|
To manage all diving operations associated with the marine research programme, including the supervision of daily scuba and in-water activities and to ensure the proper maintenance of all dive equipment and boats.
GENERAL OUTLINE OF THE ROLE
- Maintenance and control of all diving and related equipment;
- Organisation and supervision of daily diving and snorkelling activities;
- Supervision and dive training of volunteers and all project participants;
- Assisting the staff team with all aspects of the research programme.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To plan, organise, supervise and execute all diving activities, taking into account all physical, logistical, safety and financial considerations
- To supervise, train and motivate all project staff, volunteers and host-country participants to do the work contained in the diving schedule;
- To ensure that all volunteer dive trainees are trained up to a minimum level of PADI Advanced Open Water Diver in accordance with PADI regulations;
- The Officer is expected to take an active interest in the scientific programme and to provide, as required, a diving team for the Principal Investigator to complete the work programme.
- The Officer is responsible for the administration, maintenance and control of all the diving and related equipment including compressors, boats, outboard motors and all diving accessories on the project.
- To ensure that all volunteers, staff and host-country participants adhere to safe diving practices;
- To ensure that all project participants are deployed usefully and enjoyably
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Contract Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension.
- Accommodation: Basic accommodation provided at field project
- Travel: Contribution towards an international airfare (capped) plus internal travel as necessary to the fulfilment of duties.
- Insurance: Employer’s liability insurance provided.
- Subsistence: Food provided on project site. Subsistence allowance provided for time spent off project site.
- Salary: £150-200 (per quarter) plus £150-200 end of contract bonus, dependent on experience, qualifications & availability.
Training: Pre-departure training provided.
To apply visit our website, https://frontier.ac.uk/recruit/DisplayJobs.aspx?category=5 or send us a covering letter and CV to [email protected]
Be sure to specify the role in the subject line and include your availability in the email.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.