|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Cambridge, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||24th May 2018|
Are you passionate about heritage, the environment and protecting the last wilderness on Earth?
The UK Antarctic Heritage Trust is seeking a Communications Officer to help us grow our public profile, our membership, develop how we engage with our audiences in order to build our global supporter base, increase engagement and participation through volunteering and develop our income potential to ultimately fulfil our charitable aims.
Our plan is to grow our supporter base by reaching new audiences and engaging people both in the UK and our overseas visitors. Engaging communications (in all media), a vibrant events programme and a strong narrative on the significance of Antarctica will be key in developing our audiences. It is our ambition that we build enduring relationships with a growing membership so that they inspired to pursue a lifelong interest in the last wilderness on Earth.
We are a small team, so, on occasion you will be required to support other areas of our work, such as supporting our Antarctic Operations team, making this unique role both stimulating and rewarding.
- To work with our Marketing and PR agency and wider team to develop and deliver the Communications Strategy for UKAHT to achieve our aims for audience development and engagement, and income.
- To assist in managing the membership database, manage member communications and process new memberships, all within the guidelines of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- To produce the Antarctic Times, our biannual magazine for members to a high
standard – liaising with contributors for content, working with designers to produce a high quality publication.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of marketing materials for UKAHT, liaising with suppliers, partners and distributors.
- Carry out market research surveys to better understand our audience needs and ensure we are able to meet them
- To ensure our brand guidelines are used effectively in our own outlets and those of third parties.
- To undertake the day to day management of the website ensuring that it is engaging, fresh, high quality and up to date. Proactively develop the website so that it is innovative and constantly improving. Draft new content, liaise with website developers to ensure the number of visits increases and that users get the most from the website.
Digital and Social Media
- To use a range of social media tools; Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and any future channels; to reach our diverse audiences and engage them with our work so that they increase in number and increase their support of the Trust.
Press and PR
- Work with our Marketing and PR agency to maximise the publicity and media coverage for UKAHT, locally, nationally and internationally by writing content for press releases and developing relationships with key media contacts.
- To facilitate and deliver a programme of events across the UK, organising venues, volunteers and working with the wider team on ticketing, content and delivery.
- Manage communications before, during and after our events, as well as visitor management and venue communications
- To administer and organise educational activities in schools.
- To be a first point of contact for public enquiries, providing exemplary customer service
- To work with the team to develop a volunteers programme
- To provide the Chief Executive with accurate information and reports on the membership, communications, website and online sales.
- Work flexibly with colleagues in the wider support of the aims of UKAHT.
- To be willing to work flexibly as the role requires – occasional evenings and weekends
To undertake all of these with UKAHT values at heart and with a high regard for both Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities.
For full details about the job, including how to apply, please see the Job Specification
The deadline for applications is 5pm Monday 18th June 2018.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 12 July 2018.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.