|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Salisbury, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||8th November 2017|
In the office
Discover Adventure are an adventure travel company with fundraising at our heart.
You could be joining the specialists in worldwide trekking and cycling challenges. Established in 1994 we have explored the world with over 60,000 participants and helped them to raise over £90million for charitable causes.
The Discover Adventure team is made up from a select group of people who love the outdoors and our mission is to create adventure challenges that enable people to achieve their ambitions - be that getting fit, pushing their boundaries or doing something incredible to enable them to change the lives of others through fundraising.
Our flexible, friendly office crew are chosen for their organisational skills, travel experience and the pre-requisite sense of humour. There’s a huge amount that goes on in the background at DA to ensure that our trips run smoothly from start to finish.
Read more about your new employer here: www.discoveradventure.com
We are currently recruiting for a Client Account Manager to join our busy and dynamic Sales Team.
The main event:
- To manage business relationships and the administration of events that have been sold.
- To secure repeat business as well as recognising further sales opportunities.
- Develop and help deliver business presentations.
- Liaise with client about their promotions and recruitment to aide maximum participant numbers on each event.
- Work closely with client about on-going needs and vision of each event
- Developing tender documents and attending tender/sales meetings when required.
- Prepare pricing schedules for new events for existing clients.
- Provide administration support to clients and supporters throughout trip life cycle.
You’re the ideal candidate if you have:
- Responsible and responsive attitude.
- A creative and innovative thinker; delivers practical solutions.
- Personable, confident networker able to grow key partnerships.
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate.
- Sales / Relationship driver.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Marketing and Social Media knowledge highly valuable.
- Methodical, organised approach to work with good time management.
- Motivated and enthusiastic person able to work independently.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills vital.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to fit into a busy office as part of a small, integrated team.
- Experience of charity and corporate events market beneficial.
- Travel or Adventure Industry experience highly valuable.
Position: Full time
Location: Office based, just outside Salisbury.
Days/Hours: Mon to Thurs, 9am – 5.30pm and Friday 9am – 5pm. Attendance of travel shows, Charity presentation and other events where necessary; these may be at weekends or evenings
Salary: Starting at £21K, experience dependent
The Package: Ongoing L&D as standard, 28 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), Pension scheme, Profit share and performance related bonus as well as discounted travel opportunities
We are a friendly, vibrant and busy office located in a rural location that can offer you a unique setting to further your career. We even offer you the possibility to bring your dog to work!
Please forward your CV and covering letter to [email protected], for the attention of Spencer Neal, and it should arrive with us no later than 15th November 2017.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.