|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Keswick, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||12th October 2018|
In the office
Sales & Marketing
An exciting new role, ideal for someone looking for their first job in adventure travel. You will be involved in all aspects of the customer-facing side of this fast growing business, which specialises in walking, trekking and cycling holidays throughout the world.
You will work as part of the Customer Sales and Support Team, providing support to those who sell KE Adventure holidays, and ensuring that all aspects of a customer booking are fulfilled correctly and accurately. As part of the team you will ensure that every KE customer receives world-class service prior to travelling, and is excited at the prospect of departing on their chosen holiday.
Reporting to: Customer Sales & Support Manager
Working hours: Mon to Thu 09:00 to 17:30 & Fri 09:00 to 17:00, with some evening shifts and Saturdays and on a rota basis.
- Support the Adventure Travel Consultants in their role of selling KE Adventure holidays directly to customers.
- Process bookings on the KE booking management system and generate documentation to send to customers.
- Liaise and work closely with all teams and individuals to ensure the prompt and accurate processing of enquiries and bookings.
- Respond to client and agent queries by email, phone or live chat.
- Answer the phones – deal with queries or direct calls to the appropriate person.
- Meet and greet customers and other visitors who visit the office - provide information and ensure they are well looked after.
- Ensure all customer correspondence is handled promptly and efficiently, and that all KE correspondence is consistent in style.
- Accurately maintain customer information on the KE database.
- Book additional services for customers such as hotel nights, transfers and extensions.
- Trip checking - ensure that we have all necessary customer information before trips depart.
- Update suppliers with latest information on trips, including any additional services booked. Ensure they have all the necessary information on customers travelling.
- Be involved in and help support all other aspects of the customer transaction, including flights, travel insurance and visas.
- Attend team and company meetings as required.
- Represent KE at all times, including on occasion at travel shows or events which may be outside of normal working hours.
- Provide help and support to any other area of the business as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Requirements (must have/be):
- Good GCSEs including passes in Maths and English
- Organised and methodical – great attention to detail
- A good communicator – writes well and is articulate
- A good listener and learns quickly
- Natural people-person, who gets on well with everyone
- Is driven by a desire to deliver a great customer experience
- Works well as part of a team
- Has an interest in travel and loves the outdoors; has a desire to travel the world.
- Educated to A Level or degree level
- Has experience of working in an office and/or customer facing environment
- Has experience in walking, trekking or cycling
- Has travelled overseas and would love to do more!
The starting salary is flexible depending on experience and we see this as an opportunity to develop and grow within the business.
How to apply:
Email your CV with a covering letter explaining what you have to offer KE and why you think you are suitable for the job to: [email protected].
Please include a list of your travel experience, your current salary and when you would be available to start.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and we will consider applicants as they apply. The closing date for applications will be 2nd November 2018.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.