|Location||Ruby Valley, Nepal|
|Date Posted||7th April 2021|
In the field
As an Adventure Project Manager on a Raleigh Expedition, you will draw on your skills and experience to lead and facilitate groups of young volunteers on our incredible trek routes through Nepal. You will also have the opportunity to join one of our community projects in rural villages, improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene.
Raleigh International organises projects that create change in vulnerable communities and environments where it is needed most, whilst supporting young people to build their skills and confidence and become youth leaders for the future. As an Adventure Project Manager you will have an essential role facilitating the development of our young people on our projects in Nepal, where your skills will be vital to ensuring the safe completion of the adventure leadership trek and community projects we organise.
For this role you need to be Mountain Leader training or assessed, or demonstrate extensive experience in trekking or outdoor leadership.
- Encourage and motivate the volunteers to effectively deliver their projects while helping to foster their own personal development.
- Be supported by local guides, qualified medics and fellow project managers to complete your project and support your volunteer team.
- Experience living in a completely new and exciting environment.
- Be actively involved in projects organised in partnership with local communities and NGOs.
- Confidently lead a diverse team of international young people.
- Be flexible and adaptable in the face of challenges.
We are recruiting this role for our Nepal Expedition running 20 Jun - 23 Aug (9 weeks).
Our Adventure Project Managers are part of our wider Volunteer Manager team on Expeditions, so for full details please visit our Volunteer Managers page at https://bit.ly/3mzSc8c
We will ask you to submit a fundraising target for our programmes which covers all expenses when you are in-country and goes towards the cost of running all our projects as a charity. If you are Mountain Leader trained or assessed, this will be £1,135 or £1,350 - which includes a 50-58% discount from our other fundraising targets for adult volunteers, taking into account the specialist skills you are bringing. Please visit our page in the link above for details.
Expenses covered by this include:
- All food and accommodation
- All in-country travel
- Travel and medical insurance (excluding personal belongings cover)
- Pre-departure training including a residential weekend (if safe to run), online webinar and online learning platform
- At least two weeks training in-country before volunteers arrive
- Access to alumni network and events on return
We are closely monitoring the global situation surrounding the outbreak and will continue to regularly review and provide updates of any changes made to these planned Expeditions.
We are planning a number of potential changes to ensure we are able to operate safely, such as testing pre-departure and on arrival, maintaining social distancing on programmes, and enhancing medical response protocols so that we can respond to any suspected cases of coronavirus in a locally appropriate, responsible, and effective manner. We will of course keep you updated as to any changes to your Expedition.
For any questions or further information please contact Josh at [email protected] To apply, please complete our application form on our website at https://bit.ly/3cYUAlA
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.