|at ( view profile)|
|Location||The Royal Geographical Society Building , London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||11th April 2018|
In the field
We are currently looking for highly experienced and skilled Adventure Leaders for our summer 2018 expedition to the Indian Himalayas, Peruvian Amazon and Iceland.
Our Adventure Leaders are responsible for leading a group of up to 12 young explorers in partnership with a second and possibly a third leader. Adventure Leaders are responsible for the adventurous activities of the group during the expedition, within the parameters set by the Chief Leader and Deputy Chief Leader.
• An interest in youth development and experience of working with young people relevant to the expedition
• High levels of integrity and sound judgment
• A strong and flexible team player
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire others
• The ability to deal with conflict and overcome challenges
• Significant personal expedition and travel experience
• Environment-specific experience relating to the expedition (i.e. high altitude, jungle)
• Experience of managing groups in outdoor or remote/ hostile environments
• An enthusiasm for expeditions and the ability to convey this to our Explorers
• Adventure First Aid Qualification (weekend training course provided free of charge by British Exploring)
• Relevant National Governing Body or recognizable qualifications (Summer ML/Winter ML).
For further information and to apply, please visit our website here http://www.britishexploring.org/lead-with-us/adventure-leader.aspx
Recruitment will be ongoing until a suitable applicant is found.
We very much look forward to hearing from you!
The British Exploring Expeditions Team
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.