|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Surbiton, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||21st May 2019|
In the field
Exodus are looking to hire enthusiastic and experienced walking tour leaders for two of our trips in Tuscany - Walking in Tuscany (TDT) and Chianti: Walking & Wine (TDC). This is an exciting role, working with one of the most reputable Adventure Travel Companies in the world.
Details of the role:
- Leaders have full responsibility for tour groups of 12-16 customers
- Leaders are responsible for arranging tour logistics, leading daily walks, transporting clients in the Exodus minibus, briefing groups, following safety procedures and ensuring our customers have the best holiday possible
- These week-long tours are centre-based and you will be leading 4-5 walks each week, usually of a leisurely to moderate activity level - please check our website for information on our activity levels
- Working periods are commonly 3 to 4 weeks consecutive weeks, but longer periods are available if suited.
- Accommodation, all meals and some other reasonable expenses are included whilst on tour
- Leaders are often expected to work unsociable hours, with this in mind, EU working hours would not apply
- The role is normally offered to those prepared to work on a freelance basis, where wages are paid on invoice at the agreed rate. Rates from £60 per day, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Have led multi-day walking tours in a professional capacity
- Good English language skills and reasonable spoken Italian.
- Great communication abilities with people from different backgrounds and nationalities
- Excellent organisational and logistical skills
- Ability to handle and account for company money
- Current First Aid Qualification
Minibus licence and regulations
- The role includes transporting the group in an Exodus minibus, and this work must be done in compliance with the appropriate driver regulations which are: D1 driving licence (issued after 1997) & CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence).
- Exodus will support successful applicants in obtaining the relevant training and qualifications, which can take up to 6 weeks.
- Experience of leading in and good cultural knowledge of Italy.
- Working towards a professional walking leader qualification.
Application and selection:
- Please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
- It is important to explain in your covering letter why you feel you are the best candidate for the role
- You will need to be available for either a face to face or SKYPE interview.
- If CPC minibus driver training and test is required, Exodus will plan, book and cover the cost, subject to terms and conditions supplied on application.
- Standard Exodus leader training is provided via our online Leader Induction Module.
- On the ground training and local knowledge. Depending on their experience in Italy, or as a walking leader, the new leader will spend at least 1 week shadowing an existing leader.
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.