|Location||Picos de Europa, Spanish Pyrenees, Spain|
|Date Posted||17th October 2019|
In the field
Outdoor Enthusiast/Hill Walker who speaks Spanish wanted in the Picos de Europa and Pyrenees mountains of Northern Spain
Are you a native English speaker who also speaks Spanish, and enjoys walking in the mountains?
- Are you interested in a hospitality job, working with a small, family run specialist, looking after our guests on walking/cycling holidays in some of Europe's most spectacular mountain ranges?
- Do you have experience of Hill Walking and navigating with an outdoor map?
- Are you friendly, gregarious, polite and courteous, and easy to get along with?
- Are you free from early May until the end of September 2016?
- If you are not a British National - do you have a British National Insurance number with experience of working in the UK recently?
- If the answer is yes to all of these questions then read on!
Collett’s Mountain Holidays are looking for Hill Walker/linguists to join our small, friendly resort teams in the villages of Potes in the Picos de Europa, and Panticosa in the Pyrenees. The job is all about providing daily hospitality to our guests, helping with some domestic chores and accompanying our guests on organised mountain walks every other day. Experience of hill walking with good outdoor map reading navigation skills would be needed, but not necessarily experience of having led groups before. Ideally, you would also be a confident driver with at least a year's experience on the road, but it is not a pre-requisite.
Your language skills would be needed for daily communication with our local landlords and suppliers; booking activities for our guests with local centres (white water rafting, horse riding, canyoning etc.; sorting out problems with car hire and lost luggage; and accompanying our guests to the doctors or hospital to help translate as and when there was the need. You would need to speak Spanish to a good intermediate level at least, and be able to express yourself clearly.
Collett's are a small, independent mountain holiday specialist, who have been operating since 1998. We are looking for sociable, friendly and engaging people with a passion for the outdoors who would like to look after our guests to help them enjoy their time on holiday with us in these spectacular corners of Europe.
Most, if not all, members of our previous resort teams have cherished their time with us. This, we believe, is due as much to the friendly working relationships, which develop within the team each year, as it is to the beauty of the areas in which we are based and the potential to enjoy them.
With a high rate of returning staff there are opportunities to come back to work a winter season in the Dolomites too.
Start Dates: From Early to late May
End Dates: Late September
Qualifications & other paperwork:
Although these jobs are based in Spain, Italy and Austria, you would need to have the legitimate right to work in the UK. Practically this means you would need to have:
- A British National Insurance Number – if you are not a UK National you would also have to be currently working under British National Insurance Legislation for us to be able to employ you in Europe
- A British Bank account into which we could pay your wages
- A current First Aid certificate
- As well as the weekly resort wage of £85 we provide you with accommodation, all meals, travel to and from resort, medical insurance, and a two week period of orientation and training at the start of the season. You would need to be available for the whole season, which runs from mid-May until late September.
Go to our recruitment website at www.colletts.co.uk/work
There you will find more details of the job, and an online application form to send in your details. Attached to the form we ask you to send:
- Your CV
- A photo so we can put a face to the voice when we speak to you by phone.
Ideally you would then be available at short notice for an informal interview in Saffron Walden, 12 miles south of Cambridge. We would also consider Skype interviews if you are currently working outside of the UK
We are particularly keen to hear from members of the Explorers Connect community so please mention Explorers Connect in your application.